A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic DL Adventure - Beta 0.1 disponible

P3DR0

Heeey! Impressive!! :ssmile: So can you tell me, where did you get the source code of 3D sea style for this game? Or you made this yourself?

it's called parallax, i imagine there's a tutorial for it on the main website, or in the help forum

EDIT: such as here: http://sonicfangameshq.com/view.php?sec=4&id=51

and here: http://sonicfangameshq.com/view.php?sec=4&id=48

where did you get the source code? go back to SCD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

nailed within 2 posts? that's got to be a record.

liking the super sonic thing though, did i correctly notice that it runs off his 'power bar' as opposed to rings, and that you just refilled that with a debug button or whatever? good that you're trying to mix it up, and forces you to make use of super sonics invincibility to hunt down enemies to fuel it. although, one of the quirks of the original is that you were left vulnerable at the end of your transformation, so if you could find a way of doing that, that would be cool.

but i agree with the other chaps insomuch that super sonic needs sonic tangible advantages, and if we can't notice it from the video, it's probably not enough...

and a small nit-pick concerning the sprites, you may want to recolour the outline of the flip move after you attack an enemy to be more in line with the sonic battle sprites you are using there, since i found that stuck out a bit

great work as always, keep it up!

• 1 month later...

Alright I am going to swing us back on topic.

I played the demo is good looks like you put a lot of work into it. I like the graphics a lot they look great. The engine is really smooth too. However I think is suffers from level design I think the big groups of 5 and 6 badniks is a bit much and there are too many death holes.

swinging back OT, the mockup was pretty good pedro, one thing i'd fix is the outline on the rocks, the black makes them look incredibly flat. try making them a very dark shade of the brown on the rocks, and see how that works out.

i'm interested to see how the girder bending works out, keep it up!

Wait, P3DR0 isn't going to give reaper his engime? What a jerk! kidding

About mock-up. Imo bg looks too realistic and tiles look... cartoony.

Remake both bg and tiles.

Blaze's sprites look cool. Where did you get them if it's not a secret?

If you are making them by yourself then we could cooperate and make sprites together.

Contact me if you are intersted in that idea.

i dunno about re-making, if he makes the outline a bit more subtle it should look less 'cartoony'.

EDIT: made a quick section of it:

creulitradasnohinzzf2xw9.png

changes - switched rock outline to darkest tone on the rocks

- lined inside of outline with 2nd darkest tone

does that look less 'cartoony' velik

BTW, i absolutely love the background looking at it again, c'est tres burney. interesting style you've adopted and goes together relatively well.

EDIT2: i'd also take a look at that sharp edge on the side, either round it of with a couple of complete rocks or go for a pseudo 3d effect:

creulitradasnohinzzf2cowi4.png

It looks even worse.

That isometric effect makes me thinking that it is kinda "kill them all" platform game I mean when you must fight many enemies spawning on screen, not a "Sonic platformer".

And those non-isometric boxes won't fit with isometric tiles

Hey, Reaper, I've had enough of this bullshit. Everywhere you go, you send a thread into the shitter. You were banned once already, so have a nice time being perma-banned.

Everybody, please resume discussing Sonic DL Adventure while I clean up Reaper related posts.

P3DRO, I'm sorry this stuff happened in your thread.

Hey, not problems.. Really, I am already accustomed ... He must be the 20th to ask me the engine. The blazefire, goes in brasilians forums (Portal Sonic Fórum) to call for the engine. x__x

I remember about that, also I telled the mods that guy, who used blazehedgehog nickname, was a engine-thief and he was banned from there forever...

Some months ago I saw a Blazefire fake on orkut... lol

creulitradasnohinzzf2cowi4.png

This 3d effect is odd... also a darker red sky could be much better than this one.