A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 **DEMO** Try it!

Spike

I want to join in on the fun, in form of shock imagery via PM. EDIT: Which has been sent. oh Mods please let this one slide, it is for the greater good.

Oh, and the game still has input lag, could this be a direct X issue or what?

EDIT: Love the badnik deaths. seriously. & the effect of hitting a wall? I dont know why more people dont use it, its funny, and could make for some good cutscene possiblities.

HAY GUYZ, I've been doing research on Felik's background and geneology. He's actually a descendent of many famous Russian leaders:

stalin_josef.jpg

He's the great great nephew of Joseph Stalin

180px-Yuri_Gagarin_official_portrait.jpg

He's one of Khrushchev's illegitimate grandsons.

250px-Tsar_Nicholas_II_-1898.JPG

AND OMG!! He's one of the few people in the world related to the famous "Last Czar" Nicolas II. The Bolsheviks thought they killed them all...

Nicholas1.jpg

Even further back...he's great great grandson to Nicolas I, Russian Czar who lost to European powers in the Crimean War.

So, what do all of Felik's ancestors have in common? They're all incompentent, failing, assholes with POOR REPUTATION. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree it seems.

FELIK IS BANNED. Let the seas run red.

Hey, I'll be cool. He's gone. I've never felt so relaxed.

He had his chance to make up for being a prick. Numerous times. He was always complaining that we never were in the right, because our opinions are not "PURE FACT," so he got some. He also disrepected me repeatedly, regardless of my position here, so the overall message here is, "don't poke the bear." He decided to poke me 10 too many times.

When I see more than 3 reported posts in my inbox and get complaints on and off the forum, he has to go. Nobody likes a sh*t starter.

As much as I agree with you Slingerland, that might've been slightly exaggerated. Reread your post mate; Russian leaders, come on =p. Even though I lol'd and rofl'd and lmao'd, I have to say that was crossing the line.

Played the game, it's cool, but would be much better with another ground texture.

Woo, just played the demo, It was fun, (but then again I Thought ShTH was fun) but here are a few notes:

Pros:

nice music,

I loved the bad nicks flying off,

the spacial stage was nice,

the basic sonic movement was done very well,

I see you added the 360 attack (Yay!)

Cons:

there were no points were using spin dash was actually of any help, Try making points like in GHZ, where the loops aren't encountered at great speed, this should encourage the player to use spin dash.

Sonics sprite was barred to deep into the ground (try moving him up a bit),

The "Speed up" points were a bit UN-noticeable and would shot me in the direction I was going, so If i go from Right to left, I get shot toward right to left..., Try using a bigger sprite, and program a one way usage...

sonic was just to slow in the spacial stage I wasn't able to avoid even one of the shots try making him faster, or make the shots lose some homing capability, also make getting a blue sphere more noticeable, maybe add a piping animation.

Just make sonic lose rings when a bomb hits you, It gets really annoying when I have to go far back because of a bomb,

At certain points it really did start to feel like the original Sonic the hedgehogs, but those moments lasted for a short period of time,

I tried putting in all of his S1/2/3/CD moves. Glad someone noticed my effort, heh. I will fix those speed-ups, they were bugging me as well. I'l probably use the speed-ups in Chemical Plant Zone... Something like that.

And a tip, for those homing blasts in the special stage, just jump. That will deflect them.