A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Sorry if I caused any confussion. I was updating my site and I wanted to give SFGHQ something better then just one picture.

You n00bs are all the same. You get caught doing something stupid, and then leave blaming SFGHQ.

I'm just sick of seeing this. IM LEAVING BECAUSE I CANT HANDLE GETTING NOOB RAPED BECAUSE I SAID OR DID SOMETHING STUPID.

When I was fucking n00b, I got the SAME treatment, but atleast I didn't wuss out and make posts like this saying "something something SFGHQ." You just can't handle the fact that YOU did something stupid.

Good riddance. You clearly aren't ready for SFGHQ nor the internet.

I didn't do anything stupid and you are not to blame... if anything, you where the first person NOT to flame me TRD.

What did we do to you?
All I've seen is praise for Delta, I think this may be misanalyzed.

Well, like TRD said, many n00bs get flamed. I was misstaken as a n00b. EVERYONE was a n00b at some point. If the forums ever want to expand, this problem should be fixed. But everything (With me anyways) is ok now, I don't usually get flamed on a regular basis.

Ripped models are no more illegal than ripped sprites.

People don't need to use ripped sprites.

It may just be personal opinion but making models from scratch don't just sharpen your modeling skills but it also shows value to a game. For example, Sonic Robo Blast 2 used custom sprites. When ever you see SRB2 images or artwork people instantly say "look that's Sonic Robo Blast 2!!!". Or take Sonic GL for example, when people see images of Sonic GL they instantly think of "that's the famous Sonic GL!!!!!"

Then don't use ripped sprites. Make your own.

It may just be personal opinion but making models from scratch don't just sharpen your modeling skills but it also shows value to a game. For example, Sonic Robo Blast 2 used custom sprites. When ever you see SRB2 images or artwork people instantly say "look that's Sonic Robo Blast 2!!!". Or take Sonic GL for example, when people see images of Sonic GL they instantly think of "that's the famous Sonic GL!!!!!"

Barley any of SRB2's character sprites were completely custom made. Get your facts staight and stop trying to play hero. I liked you at first, but damn, just drop it.

I never understood the logic behind thinking using ripped material is wrong when using lifted ideas and characters wasn't, but that's just me. There are certainly ample benefits to using original stuff, that's for sure, but not everyone has the skill and time to make original resources for every aspect of their game.

Looks great, btw.

I do hope many of you know alot of sfx and synth styles were ripped and reused in many different sega games...

Just an example... Like the charging laser sfx from Flying Battery Zone Act2 being used in Gunstar Heroes...

Both of those 2 games are friggin AXESOME... so the fact that the same sfx were reused in 2 different games shouldnt be to much of a bother...

Why shouldn't it hold true for anything else?

OK, I don't like you anymore. Why? Because...

Barely any of SRB2's character sprites were completely custom made. Get your facts staight and stop trying to play hero. I liked you at first, but damn, just drop it.

[ Q F T ]]]]>

Barley any of SRB2's character sprites were completely custom made. Get your facts staight and stop trying to play hero. I liked you at first, but damn, just drop it.

Um. Sonic's sprites were partially based off the Sonic X-treme sprites, but Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and all of the enemies are completely, entirely, 100% custom.

Um. Sonic's sprites were partially based off the Sonic X-treme sprites, but Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and all of the enemies are completely, entirely, 100% custom.

Robotnik was obvious, because his sprites were terrible. I never had enough interest to play Tails, but Knuckles was edited Sonic Screensaver sprites mixed with horrible screenshot cut-outs.

@Delta: Ripping sprites and models are only illegal if we'd tried to make a profit off of them, in which we haven't done that. I don't see SEGA coming up in here and stopping us from ripping sprites, we have a whole shitload of sprites at the mainsite. I don't see SEGA saying, "ok, you guys gotta take this shit down, all of it."

Did you see The Spriter's Resource? They have an asston of sprites ripped from various gaming corporations including Capcom, Konami, Sega, etc., and neither of them has yet to say anything. You're actually the first person I've seen bitch about ripping sprites.

We've been fangaming for years, man. And SEGA has YET to say anything. Why? Because it's just "FANGAMING."

Keep your pet peeves about "ripping" to yourself, please.

Because I honestly don't like people saying:

Then don't use ripped sprites. Make your own.

Though I did make my own, what if I couldn't? What if I didn't have the skills I have today and made my own sprite?

Let's say that it would look like a disaster, and actually KEEP people from playing my game, instead of actually taking interest in it because it's custom made.

I agree, though since this is fangaming and most people are interested in making games exactly like classic Sonic with only key differences, I think it only makes sense to rip.
We've been fangaming for years, man. And SEGA has YET to say anything. Why? Because it's just "FANGAMING."

Yea, I suppose. When it come to ripping sprites, it not a big deal. I don't think Sega cares if some sprites are ripped or not. By the way, most of SRB2 sprites were edited. If they are edited they aren't really ripped sprites anymore, are they?

People don't need to use ripped sprites.

People use ripped sprites because people cannot draw, for don't want to waste time to draw.

That's what I don't like about people who are very good at art and animation. They try to push their ideals on others. >_>

I like to think I'm a decent artist...

I'll say it up front - when it comes to making games...

The less work you have to do the easier it is on you... If you can pool resources and still make a great and fun game, then you've realy stretched your budget.