A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

Hey guys, just got through implementing the second gimmick for Point Blank Highway: A Crane.

10798354id6.png

60945768hr5.png

25389342dh9.png

You're probably wondering, "Why a crane?" Well I'm doing gimmicks that matches the background/stage, in this case, a highway and maybe....a construction vehicle. Now this gimmick is actually a puzzle gimmick, very simple, and you need to solve it in order to move on.

I'm halfway done with the stage layout btw, also I'm looking to put in a third gimmick but I ran out of ideas of a highway gimmick, if you guys have any suggestions, post. Thx

@Aerosol: Lol, Thx.

@AeroGP: You still can......just different from mines. =P

Ontopic: It's pretty much solid, but there's some slippery stuff going on with it, probably because of moving side-to-side animation of the chain/hook/platform, thankfully that can be easily fixed.

TRD, this is turning into an impressive project. I liked Sonic Turbo, and Sonic Turbo 2 is looking much better.

Here's a screen of the now finished Sonic 4 special stage. (Notice that there are now different heights of floors, gimmicks, and a HUD.)

3dstage3.PNG

Due to everyone on SFGHQ being so cool and all, I will probably release the special stage engine alongside Sonic 4 whenever it comes out.

Thanks Spike, and your project is looking better every time I see it, I'm in love with your special stages because they resemble the ones in Chaotix, not to mention I love 3-D.

Drat! You've found my inspiration!

But thanks for the compliment.

@TRD: Looking good, though I think the chain links should be behind the platform they're holding up.

@Spike: That's one sexy looking special stage you have there.

Also, dobermann did post those exact screenshots before. =P

2007, is being the Sonic fangames year.

Trd, your gimmick looks pretty neat, and Spike, u have extracted these special stage ideas from my brain!!! Whatever, it looks very well implemented.

Dobberman, I can't wait to see your game finished, btw good games usually take more time to be finished. Keep goin'

So, I decided to use bigger cars, instead of little ones on BrazSonic 2 special stage. Here's a beta gameplay footage:

Obs: don't worry about the annoying video compression, next time I record in my new pc.

Sonic can sure take a beating. =/

The special stage actually looks kinda interesting especially when the police car came in, but I think you should add something extra to collect that comes more frequently than the bags of money like maybe coins since the road is empty sometimes. Of course that could mean there could be little traps like mines or something in addition to the cars that come more frequently the later on in the stage you get to make things tougher. *random thoughts*

no you ,never seen those screenshots before! They show the same thing but they is,n't exaéctly the same, you can find some difference... Just look at them closely! ^^

The big point in my game is the progress of the engine, but i can't show that with some screenshots :/

Well, I debugged on this video to accelerate the character position on the road. That's still so empty, but I intend to add more features that you mentioned like mines, coins, etc.

Dobberman, it's good to see your project update, I wanna see its videos!