A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshot thread

ila

From that menu screen, it looks hot.

screen00025.jpg

Beth Schultz is a MADWOMAN at art. Im first going to make the theme as close to the arcade as much as I can, then tweak the colors, bganimations, and sounds.

Then *maybe* I can get my lazy ass up and start stepping stuff.

EDIT: I still havent fixed those titles yet, so their bilnear pixelated right now. :[

EDIT2: I just might have to make 4 keyboard steps, a marathon course, and a survival course for each. even a survival that has modchanges in it to make it all that more cool...

EDIT3: Even though im ripping a game thats already released...but then again, RoXoR got bought out by those assholes at konami, so I dont think I care.

EDIT4: Or I can package 4 songs from ITGPC, and 4 originals?

@Midiman:

Now that ones hot!

I'm wondering, are you going to make characters for the game?

Like in-game display characters while playing the game?

Example: you do somekind of combo move and the display character does somekind of tricked-out dance?

It would probably involve a helluva lot of animations though.

There's always the default Stepmania characters, which are ripped from DDR 4th mix I think. although since Stpemania 4.0, all characters render very weirdly. ill show you what I mean.

EDIT: No way I can force bones/animations on combos, although the bones/anims are directly affected by the lifemeter, so that only certain moves are executed as your doing well/bad.

EDIT2: The characters are fixed. I dont know how that happened though.

screen00027.jpg

maybe in battle? D:

EDIT3: Battle! the models go over the arrows however, and thats because the arrows are models as well. this is probably why characters were never used in ITG?

screen00028.jpg

This is based from Mdawgs ITGPC reviision, which is being built on windows. you can grab SM4 and I can package the theme and whatnot.

EDIT: Get ITGPC and hack it, duh. I know you already have.

EDIT2: The round counter sucks, It should be 2x bigger, but thanks to the RIDICULOUS amount of encrypted LUA in this, its really hard with getting access violations everywhere.

EDIT3: I shouldnt be lingering on the screenshot thread, but..

Yeah, throw songs at me, I want to photoshop and step babes. D:\

Its just a theme. I dont see whats so "special" about it. heh.

I *MIGHT* just have to put all the special additions off, and pack the thing. and then pack a few other things. but id have to include the base for the theme, or else itll cease to work, which goes to like, 30-60MB.

Unless I take out all the MPG's and AVI's for all the backgrounds. then it would be the default 10-25 MB of all stepmania themes.

@Worm: Your mac probably is preloaded with DX8.1, and all the neccesary things.

(hint: no Windows, no DirectX. Although I though Mr. Worm upgraded to Intel? If not, well neener neener I got one, even though I don't use Windows for anything but RO... okay, and Morrowind.)

However, there is Stepmania for OS X.