A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the Hedgehog - New Screenshots! (Shadow is finally seen!)

Redsonic

PG:.. Okay see, don't do that. That's like saying that just because someone's in prison that nothing scares them. Just because you've shot a guy doesn't mean you're suddenly not going to be afraid of heights, or spiders, or whatever else it is you have a phobia for. I mean I get your point, but don't start saying stupid things.

So don't judge sonic just cause he rides bike every so often :P

'sides, he's a fake character, so I'm allowed to judge him how I want to. I just find it silly for a fictional character who's been in water many times, fought giant robots, and has done all sorts of dangerous things to be afraid of water, that's all. I'd say make him afraid of, say, needles (seeing that spikes kill him) or hieghts (seeing as he falls to his death a lot.) True, he can drown in water, but he's always been able to run out of it or whatever.

Eraysor: Oh really? When Sonic Heroes was first shown everyone flipped out. I remember tons of positive comments, hell I made a few myself.

I meant that at this stage it looks more promising than what Heroes turned out to be. Even so, this game could still very easily suck.

Guest Shadix

With Sonic Heroes and Shadow we knew deep down the end product based on recycled engine that had extreme flaws ST refused to fix. They were hopeless wishes we convinced ourselves to grasp on to. (Where are you getting that everyone thought Sonic Heroes was going to be the greatest game ever? I never really had much hope for the game with the approach that was being taken, and there was a LOT of skepticism about the 3 person system. Sonic Heroes also wasen't nearly as bad as you all give it credit for. I remember at the time I was obsessed with Sonic Battle which exceeded my expectations.)

Although skeptical, we really can believe that something can come out of this product. We already know they aren't recycling the same crap. No gloss, no auto-scripted movement engine, and multiple paths. Havok should more than fix the crappy physics problem assuming they intelligently implement it. The only thing that still pisses me off about this game is the lack of Tails as a playable character.

From the gameplay videos I watched that Xose took at E3, Sonic's gameplay might make the meat of the game... Silvers gameplay is incredibly chaotic filled with interrupts every 2 seconds. It seems as though you cover less ground than even in Shadow before getting bombarded with enemies or some sort of obstacle you need to get past. It was annoying to watch, to put it simple. I'm wondering if Shadow is meant to be the middleman between Speed and Strength.

"'sides, he's a fake character, so I'm allowed to judge him how I want to."

Oh really? So I can just judge that Superman isn't harmed by kryptonite? Okay.

"Sonic Heroes also wasen't nearly as bad as you all give it credit for."

I lost the drive to play it. That's never happened before. I do admit at first it was fun- but I'd much rather play the SA games on my Dreamcast.

I agree about the lack of Tails as a playable character, but then again I'd rather him not be playable than not used correctly. SA2 didn't use him correctly. Neither did SA. Tails is supposed to be one of the best players to use because he can stuff others can't, save for Knuckles. Cream fudges that though, but then again she sucks as a character. He's supposed to swim like a dog underwater, he's supposed to fly to get to places where Sonic can't, and at times he's supposed to be able to give Sonic a lift (like the boss from S3&K). Until he's used correctly I don't want him screwed over. Knuckles should be retooled altogether, imo, to more of a beat-em-up style. I'd of preferred that to happen than to use Silver and Shadow. Shadow, imo, is fine- but I haven't seen his videos. He varies alot more from Sonic in this game than he ever has before (seeing as how they seem to be using a mix of his supernatural abilities and the StH gun-toting). But again, I haven't seen the Shadow videos. Silver.. erm.. I'd rather some other character, but whatever. As long as Sonic and Shadow are both badass, and there's emphasis on the fact that Shadow is the ultimate lifeform (assuming he still is, the reboot may have changed this) and that he chooses to use human weapons everything should rock.

Edit: Oh.. Shadow doesn't have guns. Well.. hopefully the focus is supernatural powers. Crap! Now he's like a mixture of Silver/Sonic only he has his license.

Can someone link me to Xose?

Ne Game Features

Not sure if anyone knew but Sonic's speed is now affected by how many rings you carry. Sounds like a good idea- and to balance that off and not make your speed hit bottom everytime you get hit by an enemy/robot/badnik you lose a different amount of rings depending on how you're hurt.

Being that the chaos emeralds are still around after the reboot, but there's no sight of either Knuckles or the ME, I'm wandering what's going to happen to Angel Island (the Floating Island). I mean.. if they decide that this "human world" doesn't need Angel Island what happens to the ME and to Knuckles?

Being that the chaos emeralds are still around after the reboot, but there's no sight of either Knuckles or the ME, I'm wandering what's going to happen to Angel Island (the Floating Island). I mean.. if they decide that this "human world" doesn't need Angel Island what happens to the ME and to Knuckles?

Maybe they thought the idea of Knuckles joining to help Sonic again because his Master Emerald got shattered was getting old. Okay really I'm sure he'll make an apparence, even if its a reboot of the series, Knuckles is too old and valuable a character to just drop completely, not sure about the Master Emerald though, or Angel Island, Knuckles hasnt been doing his job like he use to.

And on other news http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000GM8ACM/202-7296094-3572629?v=glance&n=300703

0__0 now you don't need an Xbox360 or PS3 to play the game! (although I'm sure its some sort of screw up on Amazon's behalf XD)

It's not that I think this new team is going to drop Knuckles altogether, but I'm not sure whether they'll keep Angel Island. And if they don't, what will happen to the ME? If there's no Angel Island you essentially have no Knuckles. I mean it's a reboot, but if Knuckle's isn't still the guardian of the ME, then he becomes just some other character with no real importance. And as far as the ME being shattered over and over.. with this new, bound-to-be-deep story (judging by all the crap going on) he'd have a better role. Although, imo, it wasn't that bad in SA- the first time around.

If there is an Angel Island I hope it's massive. I also hope they carry some stuff over from SA. Not necessarily the story (they're going with something that happened in the past, and how current actions will affect the future.. not much room), but it'd still be cool if Angel Island and the Mystic Ruins were intact. And I hope Sonic Next will follow the SA/SA2/SH tradition of taking an oldschool level and redoing it (ala Frog Forest and Mushroom Hill).

Aki-at: the PC version was rumored from the start actually, I'm sure if you venture to the proboards topic, its in there, an image at the bottom left says "Xbox Live!" and next to it "PC"

*shrugs*

Aki-at: the PC version was rumored from the start actually, I'm sure if you venture to the proboards topic, its in there, an image at the bottom left says "Xbox Live!" and next to it "PC"

*shrugs*

I thought someone confirmed it meant "Public Confrence" or something like that? my bad, although its pretty cheap...

March 30th 2007 for 20 pounds...

I don't know, that sounds a tad miffed. I imagine that the XB360/PS3 versions of the game will still probably cost around 35-40 GBP then... I don't know, that sounds just too good to be true really.

On the other hand, the release date seems right.

And thanks for that refreshing speech Scatta. It's good to know I'm not the only person who is stoked about this game to the point where I'd actually be disappointed if it didn't end up good.

If I do end up getting a 360 like I think I may for this game, when I do decide to get the PC version, I would be pirating it. I have a huge distaste for buying the same game twice regardless of what platform I feel like sampling at the time.

And Sonic Next on DX10 would probably be uber... if they bothered to upgrade it at all.

Shadow = Sonic for black people.

What! Black people dont even play Sonic really...more like GTA, other games that don't have freakin animals with shoes on and no clothes running around. And Shadow is the best! Even though his game was crap, so what, Shadow will live on. And if you disagree I will KILL YOU!!!...Naw j/k got out of control there.

What! Black people dont even play Sonic really...more like GTA, other games that don't have freakin animals with shoes on and no clothes running around.

Dude you're a tool. "oh yeah man white ppls play sonic and blacks play gta. hawahw they shoot things and bash hookers lol". < That right there is basically what I see going through your mind.

PG: Do what I was going to do with KH. Don't buy the system, just buy the game so that the company gets the money and then pirate it on your computer. Of course.. I can't do that seeing as how PS2 emulation doesn't yet work for all games. Ftl.

DW: Buying the same game twice is stupid, unless it's like with SA:DX or something.

Zonar: Shrink your damn avatar and stfu.