A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I was never satisfied with the look of this level so I have completely redone the background and the colour scheme. I also changed the music. I like this level a lot better now.

Wow! I hope you were aiming for a sinister look, because the screenshots of this level creep me out for some reason. xD I think it's easily intimidating enough to be a Bad Future remix of a different zone.

I don't really mind the Sonic sprite myself. As for the tiles, it's definitely better now that you have a combo of small/large squares going. ^_^

The diversity of the background is great, it's just those dark green and orange tiles that seem awkward..... I'm gonna try something and post the result in a bit.

Edit:

Possibility.png

Didn't change everything since it's just an example; pretty much tried to make the tiles feel like they had their darkish colors, but were being lit by the same sunlight as everything else just the same. Threw in two offset tiles too to show how you can increase the foreground variety even further. ;>

More screens, fixed Sonic's head placement and I'm starting to add a pallet limit (bushes need work...)

[qimg]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Briraka/Saphire/ruinic_hill_01.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Briraka/Saphire/ruinic_hill_02.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Briraka/Saphire/ruinic_hill_03.png[/qimg]

I'm also wondering what gimmicks would be used in a ruins/green hill setting...

Well, you could start by thinking about what the games had in those settings. Bridges, breakable and oddly sentient columns, random pieces of architecture falling on your head, not so sneaky arrow traps... from there you've just got to expand.

Also, think about making compound gimmicks. Like gimmicks that react to each other. Like how the lava geysers in Marble Zone mix with the stones that go over the lava.

Yea, I got it to where I want it for not. I'm using a bit of Chrono Trigger's mechanics. A Friend is making a RPG engine/game after he finishes his MMX engine. Told I should use base stats and such.

This, i want to know how you do this, because im doing a Square-enix esque RPG game with some OC but i cant seem to get how to do the hit effect and the special attacks, because i want to do the specials kinda like FF7 but more Chrono Trigger-ish

BTW im doing that game with RPG Maker XP

oh god, I cant even use the runner software for those games on this computer, But I do like that me and my friends could use it to make simple RPG's in a few days then swap them around. Course, that was with the PS2 version since I cant seem to run RPGM games. From what I recall RPGM is simple, but seriously limited.