A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

thnx, im not goin to spend loads of time makin backgrounds cuz i want it to be more of a storyline game, its more of a romantic platform than other sonic games. the first cutscene is sonic and kunckles have an argument and knuckles hits sonic. there will be loads of other custcenes in the game of them trying to make up and argue more. me and a friend are doin the voices, i do sonic and robotnik. :D the endings gonna be really sad, i want to make them both realise they love each other using that sad music from the end of sonic 2 but i cant find it anywhere

[qimg]http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af84/ilovesonicandknuckles/2.png[/qimg]

thats a pic from the first cutscene

so have you contacted Alix Henroil yet

hi jon! that looks really clever. whats it for???

and thnx guys, they start loving each otehr like brothers but then it develop into more lust and then into lovers. amy wont be in it. also my uncles friend is helped make the old sonic games and hes helping me make it work. :smidge:

im going to try and make a little video soon and put it on the internet

hi jon! that looks really clever. whats it for???

and thnx guys, they start loving each otehr like brothers but then it develop into more lust and then into lovers. amy wont be in it. also my uncles friend is helped make the old sonic games and hes helping me make it work. :smidge:

im going to try and make a little video soon and put it on the internet

Well, like I said, it's a school assignment. The idea is simple enough, you have a big many edged polygon and you want to decompose it into a finite number of triangles. Any polygon should contain (e-2) triangles where e is the number of edges. The thing is, it can be pretty tricky to decompose them, especially when the classes you are working with don't have any methods to check edge collision.

Ear Trimming is hardly a great algorithm for it either. There are other, arguably simpler ones that offer much greater time efficiency while at the same time working on complex polygons as well. But it's probably the easiest to implement.

Thanks for your interest Nitemare.

well i dunno if i can post here a youtube link, because i feel that a video could do more justice to the titlescreen than a mere screenshot, so if it is good here it is:

that's my recreation of a Sonic 4 titlescreen in Sega CD format, also sonic uses the same pallet as the sonic in the Sonic CD titlescreen

aaaand for the people that wants to see this in more detail here is a screenshot (did you guys believe that i was going to only put a video and that's all? bullshit! XDD)

wb43tg.jpg

if you guys remember the first screenshot that i put here with that 3D sonic engine, this titlescreen is for that XDD, man doing that sonic and all the graphics (except the BG that was made it in Photoshop) in MS Paint is one a hell of a work, but it came out pretty neat at the end i think.

Nightmare, you must still create your proposed fangame. It is too late to go back now.

And DW, shame on you stretching the forum board so badly. =[

@Gear_The_Hedgehog: Please at least make Sonic not have the ability to move his whole wrist like that. Change it so only his finger wags with maybe his wrist moving A LITTLE BIT. No need to have it rotating like a mile a frame either. ;>

MCKaosu, it looks nice, but too much simple.

I think the "rocks" diserve some itens, or at least other colors.

Anyway, I liked the title screen.

Gear the Hedgehog, the colors and the shading are a little bit strange.

[qimg]http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af84/ilovesonicandknuckles/11.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af84/ilovesonicandknuckles/12.png[/qimg]

[qimg]http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af84/ilovesonicandknuckles/13.png[/qimg] [qimg]http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af84/ilovesonicandknuckles/14.png[/qimg]

Built off of what I had for Sonic 360 this is coming together very quickly. Sonic And Knuckles 2, no-nonsense, classic sonic.

And no it's not a romantic platform . =(

You had me, then you lost me... I'm confused...

@Gear_The_Hedgehog: Please at least make Sonic not have the ability to move his whole wrist like that. Change it so only his finger wags with maybe his wrist moving A LITTLE BIT. No need to have it rotating like a mile a frame either. ;>

well it's the only flaw the titlescreen has XDD, i was more inspired in how the hands and other stuff were animated in Sonic XG but i see is kinda impossible to do that smooth animation in game maker XDD, i will see if i can fix that ASAP, but it will take a while since i have to redraw the hand individualy, but i see what i can do.