A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

MCKaosu you've got a really solid color scheme and foreground pieces. However right now it seems a little bland due to the fact that I see nothing other than the background and checkerboard pattern in all of your screens. I'd like to see some scenery that will give it a little personality and save it from being another GHZ. You could also change up the background a bit it looks a little dark and different compared to your foreground pieces. That would also give you a chance to add unique touches to the background.

Nitemare that an excellent use of the LBZ hill and the whole level fits really well. The only thing that give me pause it how thin the trunk of the palmtree is. Is it 3 pixels? Also do you think that a little beach between the bottom grass in the background and the water would look good?

Well you certainly are an easy one to win over. Props to Nitemare though, it is very pretty.
Not quite, as the last time I said this was probably.. when I first saw Sonic XG. :U

But I'm growing very fond of this because of how pure and truly Genesis-ish it is; looks like a legit sequel (ignoring reused graphics :awink: )

Gear the Hedgehog, the colors and the shading are a little bit strange.

Well i said that it uses the colours from the Sonic CD Titlescreen and some base colours from the Sonic 4 Titlescreen for the Ring part and all those, then the back was made it in photoshop, i tried to stay with the Sonic CD style and yet use some of the Sonic 4 style mixed to it

I agree, it's very visually appealing, but at the same time it's still just four screen shots of the overly typical green area. Maybe I'm just immune to first-level impressions these days.

I have to somewhat agree in regards to the typical green area thing, but I have to say those screenshots have a bit of a unique look to them in regards to that whole typical green area setting. Most of the time they look more like Green/Emerald Hill than anything else, this has a different vibe to it. Otherwise I generally would agree in full haha :D

test-1.png

Ok they're hoax teasers but whatever. :(

EcoGarden Zone, Neo Marble Zone, Undertow Castle Zone, Sparkle Park Zone, Lost Estrago Zone, and Fatty Factory Zone. I'll probably end up redesigning both UCZ and LEZ to cut down on annoying brick patterns.

Ironrind, the rain and snow particles don't seem to handle very well when you move. If you're continuously creating new particles, try instead positioning particles back to the top when reaching the bottom, and have them wrap around the horizontal borders. That way memory won't be freeing and allocating all over the place, and the particles should stay in a fixed ratio and spread on-screen even when moving about.

• Like 1

Speaking of 3D stages with 16-bit textures..

BlitzSonic_WingFortress_rear01.jpg

BlitzSonic_WingFortress_rear02.jpg

Wing Fortress. Although it's obvious the ones on here are placeholder for high quality textures to soon be made. Plus, it's just a test level. Also the fact that it's rather low-poly, which could be fixed with some touching up. WFZ stage modelled by Eight-Bit Dragon.

Btw, yes I know, Blitzsonic and all. But don't fret about that; this won't be crappy like everything else done with it so far. =V

Thank God were actually using it correctly.

Were currently using WFZ as the test level to test out gimmicks. Like fore example, we just got it where the stage can rotate much like Sky Deck from SA1.

We also have given Sonic his rolling physics (along with a proper roll and Spindash), are currently building level changing, shadows for Sonic and other objects, menus, badniks, and texture mapping abilities that will improve the graphics in the stages.