A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

well something that i started some days ago

jslu6e.jpg

i was kinda eager to see what happed if Sonic 4 was made it in Sega Saturn 3D enviroment or PSX, it uses the 3D sonic engine made it by Gamer Dee, im going to see if i do some acts but only for Splash Hill, kinda like a mini fan game, but two bad things for now, one when you collides with an enemy you will lose all your lives, i dunno why but something is pretty bad there, and two rings and time doesnt resets when you restart the level only score, and yeah the bg has a kinda of parallax effect is not fake but is kinda like a fake parallax, also some of the graphics there are made by me, the sonic sprites are the ones of the special stage of Sonic CD, to give more nostalgia, also i edited some anims to fit the game animation system, nothing to fancy

....you guys just made me so much happier I was worried about when I made the areas for my game since they will be HUGE I was worried about technically floating platforms but that just gave me a crap load more confidence wooo. and By floating platforms I mean for example theres a piece of land you can go on but if you go to the left and down and right again and jump you can see the bottom of what you were just on floating above you.

2 Gear

Hmm...looks interesting!Any video of demo gameplay?

im going to do a video when i have some more features to it, i wanted to do a more soft camera handling, also give the engine some more effects, thou i dont have skills to model a Motobug Sonic 4 version of course, aslo i have to see how to do the Wreaking ball boss in 3D, i was thinking more of a SRB2 way of handling the bosses.

Gear that's pretty neat looking, though I wouldn't call it PSX quality in terms of graphics. Its more like Super Nintendo 3D. Anyway I'm in need of an engine like that for Time Twisted Special Stages. Do you think you could send me a link?

well yeah i think i can give you a link if FGR who lend me the engine is okay with that of course XDD

@gear, nice! I've used that engine quite a bit, its the one I was adding slopes to before earlier. You appear to have gotten the hang of it since it appears you changed the sky box tube. I would suggest making the tube having a much bigger diameter as I think that background would look weird so close up like that. Then again it might not be part of the sky box and its just a billboard, I cant really tell.

I love the new Hud you've implemented it looks really nice. And the textures look nice and smooth too!

with losing all lives from a badnick collision: The collision check is constantly going, you'll need to add a Boolean variable called hurt or killed for example, and make sure its true when sonic first loses a life and to test it when perfoming a collision event, then reset the room. also the timer, record the time at a checkpoint collision, and set the creation event of the room to reset the timer to that time, (or zero if checkpoints aren't programed yet)

Edit: noticed the post of Overbound asking for the engine link. yeah Gamer Dee (aka Dekoldrick) has the engine available for anyone to use.

Here it is to be of help: http://www.mediafire.com/?zz2mdvyihwm

Here is its thread: (I believe you have to log in to view it though): http://z10.invisionfree.com/FGX_Insider/index.php?showtopic=359

Lulz Overbound had asked me for this before I thought XD...well here it is again.

OH SHII- I forgot to mention that the "anti-lag" object turns off Automatic Repaint or whatever it is in GML, You'll need to turn it back on or delete the code to keep the game refreshing the screen in rooms that don't have the object. The object doesn't even work well in the first place so I suggest the later method.

I don't think so FGR I asked you if you wanted to make the SS's for me but that was it. I think with this engine I should be able to figure it out now finally. I didn't know something like this existed. I guess the whole time I should have just asked you what engine you were using LOL.

thnx, im not goin to spend loads of time makin backgrounds cuz i want it to be more of a storyline game, its more of a romantic platform than other sonic games. the first cutscene is sonic and kunckles have an argument and knuckles hits sonic. there will be loads of other custcenes in the game of them trying to make up and argue more. me and a friend are doin the voices, i do sonic and robotnik. :D the endings gonna be really sad, i want to make them both realise they love each other using that sad music from the end of sonic 2 but i cant find it anywhere

2.png

thats a pic from the first cutscene

• Like 1

thnx, also instead of the chaos emeralds you hav to collect love emeralds now, if you have them all at the end its easyer to make kunkcles love you. (7 love emeralds gives sonic loadz more love than 3 love emeralds wood) and im gone to try and add super sonic next i think, maybe super lovely sonic :ssmile:

do you know how to make super love sonic rael?

@ilovesonicandknuckles: Do they love each other like brothers, or is Amy going to have competition now?

Oh and uh, I think you'll get along better here if you don't leave posts that look like IMs. Aka do some spell checking if you must and give that Shift key some love. ;>