A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

You've got a hell of a sprite mash going on their EarthMaster.

Placeholder.

No. Seriously, it is. I was originally going to use my own edits of Advance sprites, but decided to go retro with it because it was loads easier.

Don't worry, I'm working on straightening things out, Blaze.

@Overbound: Nope. It's from Rush Adventure, and it's funny how a DS game has a pixelated background. Oh well, it was only used in the Training and the opening of Plant Kingdom 1.

Gah, it's getting irritating to be called EarthmasterT. If only I could change it to my other one...fuck.

As much as I'd like to have bosses change pallettes when damaged, I'm afraid MMF2 makes the process of palette swapping too complicated for my liking. I would want to avoid having multiple copies of the same boss object just for palette changes, if possible. ^^;

Anyway, the first one got the most positive feedback, I think. Here's round 2:

drb.png

Overbound - Ooh, nice. =D As far as shading advice goes - if you want to get a more spherical look, try not to hug the edges with pillow shading. The shading on his head kinda looks like a very thick, backwards C. What you could try doing is darkening the bottom-left part, such that the lightest shade of blue forms a circle at the top-right with the white part in the center. If that makes sense. ^^;

Also, the eyes might be a bit small for a Genesis-styled badnik. You could try copy-pasting the eyes from another badnik onto this one, then adjust the shading accordingly. That's what I did with some of my custom badniks for Time Twisted.

Alrighty then, green skin/metal it is. ^_^ I may have to tweak the red a little bit more so that he doesn't come off too much like The Grinch, but that should be pretty simple. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Blazefire - Whoa, that HD splash screen looks and sounds sweet. And your edits are quite superb, Blaze. =D

Overbound - Excellent tweaks. The penguin fits right in now. ^_^

Of course I didn't. I just did it for the hell of it but a couple of people suggested I showed it off. I will be posting it as a video response to hapisan anyway.

Anyway, It's just a quick edit since he said in his video that he "isn't great at animating" so I decided to just do it. I'm not using it so it shouldn't matter either way.