A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I dislike your desert and not just because you ripped mine off.

The parts don't match, you've left the mountains behind the first set in and the make no sense. You have mismatching sand as well.

I'm going to be honest I have no control over you using sonic CD pieces etc. and tbh they aren't mine so I don't care if you use them. However what you have done is used pieces from Sonic CD and arranged them in a way that is almost exactly similar to mine.

Your composition looks exactly the same as mine. If you're going to take inspiration from someones graphics don't just flat out copy it but tweak it slightly, come up with something on your own. Your mountains and sand are in exactly the same place as mine and this really annoys me. I spent hours trying to get a nice composition for the sand and mountians in the background and I didn't do it so you could waltz by and near-enough copy the composition.

I threw you a PM. I don't wish to derail this thread further.

ss1015_1.pngss1015_2.pngss1015_3.pngss1015_4.png

Yup.

The piston's clock and the BG need to be changed a bit to fit the idea of "there's only a few machinery working on this deactivated ship" yet.

The last screenshot's gimmick is still not programmed yet. And something's yelling in my head to make a puzzle with it. Maybe something related to magnetism.

Sand Delta...Take it away dear god please take it away...

Sand doesn't belong there...

EDIT:

Delta...

Why does it look so much like this?

Maybe it's just me but it does...alot...

Mainly the stuff in the far background

Edit2: Then again now that I looked into it, it seems that its almost like Palmtree Panic 1, so I guess your good :I

Actually my post which makes no sense now was about a now deleted post in which Delta posted a desert background screenshot that looked near identical to mine. He's agreed to change it but meh I'm starting to feel less about my own work.

Delta, your problem lies with the fact that in your mind the thin line of Plagiarism and Inspriation is blurred. Near enough everything I've seen you do is either stolen or so heavily inspired by someone elses work it may aswell just be stolen. Don't get me wrong grab a Desert Dash Zone or a Dust Hill Zone screenshot and slap it against my Barren Badlands screenshot and you'll see some similarities but that's all you'll see. They won't be carbon copies of each other nor will you be able to make the connection straight away. I see no problem with inspriation I get inspried all the time and it's hard to create a new piece of work that isn't inspired by at least one thing. It's happened so many times Delta and you are good with backgrounds but this constantly copying and stealing really de-values your work.

I banned Delta for a month. He obviously took ideas right from Chronic and Hez. If when the month is up he continues copying everyone his ban will be permanent. I told him it will be for a month, so he gets one last last chance. My guess, he'll blow it. It is a real shame he's so thick headed.

Well something came to my mind hours ago.

ss1015_1.pngss1015_2.pngss1015_3.pngss1015_4.png

Yup.

The piston's clock and the BG need to be changed a bit to fit the idea of "there's only a few machinery working on this deactivated ship" yet.

The last screenshot's gimmick is still not programmed yet. And something's yelling in my head to make a puzzle with it. Maybe something related to magnetism.

But my real concern is

A little bump here.

I've been working around on Lost Hope Zone. Someone told me that there was something strange on that screenshot, but I just don't see anything wrong. Am I possibly blind?

ohgoddammit.png

Seriously, this is a joke. Don't be scared on whatever creepypasta I make (Not that this is scary, though). I just felt a bit LOL today, wanted someone to scream "OH GOD DAMN IT" and close the browser crying. Well, click above, courage-man. And sleep well today... *trollface*

EDIT: You guys know, everything I show here will be in the actual gameplay. With some effects, of course.

EDIT2: I felt so pleased seeing the pic above working on fullscreen <3

I'd like to read opinions here ._.

LH, Clever the badnick in the first shot. It's pretty badass looking. It seems the power is completely out in the last screenshot. Maybe you can liven it up with dim sensor lights or back-up auxiliary lights.

LakeFepard, can't wait to see that in action!

I banned Delta for a month. He obviously took ideas right from Chronic and Hez. If when the month is up he continues copying everyone his ban will be permanent. I told him it will be for a month, so he gets one last last chance. My guess, he'll blow it. It is a real shame he's so thick headed.

It's not like it's that hard to come up with stuff on your own.

I've noticed his use/rips of other backgrounds other than from those two members.

Also, your pictures of the examples are kind of hard to see.

I may just need to get my eyes checked but I can't make them out and bringing it up in Paint and whatnot just makes it blurry.

Not to gripe but is there any way to make them a smidge (might not even be a word) bigger?

And if you can make them bigger, I'd watermark them if I were you.

If not, it's all good under the hood.

He is 10, bro. You can't expect that much from a kid. I remember when I first started, I'd took ideas from BlazeHedgehog and shit. It's normal, don't need to go that hard on him, I guess. Nothing that a friendly approuch wouldn't resolve.

He is 14 actually P3DR0. Assuming his profile and age is not a lie in itself. We do need to get hard on him P3DR0 because he has stolen many times over and from some really high authoritive staff. He has broken that rule 16 times that I myself have counted. Anyway, as Overbound said he has been banned for a month so therefore we can move on from this discussion now. Back on topic.

*NEVERMIND THAT I USED TO BE WAY MORE OF A PEST LOL*

He is 14 actually P3DR0. Assuming his profile and age is not a lie in itself. We do need to get hard on him P3DR0 because he has stolen many times over and from some really high authoritive staff. He has broken that rule 16 times that I myself have counted. Anyway, as Overbound said he has been banned for a month so therefore we can move on from this discussion now. Back on topic.
Still, first fangame. He is learning. He doesn't seem to have been on communities for a long time. He is developing his skills and his internet-character/morality. As I said, when I started I took ideas from other fangames, edited some custom-graphics over the internet, etc... It's a normal thing to do. If you see the first releases of SDLA you'll see BlazeHedgehog's crates on it. I was 13~14 back on the time and for me, wasn't a big deal at all... And thankfully, BlazeHedgehog never complained about it... But today I feel bad for doing what I'd done. The same way I think you, Blazefire, feel for stealing the shit of newbies, like codes, sprites, etc... (Or am I wrong?).

But that was back there and this is now, my point is. You were younger and wasn't sure of the bad you were doing. The same for me about BH's crates (which got ripped by half of the internet after SDLA gain some "fame" back in the day). My point is, I trust in Overbound judgement... If he thinks this is the best solution for the case, so be it. But I do think he is a human (partially, since there is no way humans create those graphics <3) and he is allowed to make mistakes sometimes. Or have some preciptated judgement. And that's my point, Delta is young, never worked on fangames (at least not "seriously", posting stuff, and learning, etc...), Ok, he screwed things up a little bit and it's not like 1 month is too much of a big, anyways, but... I think that a more "human" approach like talking and explaining his mistakes, would be better than just simply banning him and letting he be mad because of something bad that he did and didn't undestood the "problem" on it very well.

That's just my opinion. :P