A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

"Is that a bad thing? I mean, Triple Trouble could've been on a better system (Genesis), but it wasn't BAAAD."

I like Triple Trouble, but...

"Looks cool but...wouldn't you guys want to go with something more original instead of using something from another game that already exists?"

I hear ya'. And I've never seen Tails or Knuckles in any of Lacktardio's demo's on Youtube. Plus, this game looks like CD all over again. (Not exactly my favorite Sonic game, but that's just me.) If Tails and Knuckles are on the title screen, shouldn't they then be in the GAME?

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are all playable, Time Twisted takes place after Sonic 3&K and before Sonic CD. The Sonic and Tails are from Sonic Triple Trouble/Sonic and Tails 2 but they are substantially edited. Anyway we all remix art for various purposes so I don't see it as a problem.

I want to mention that on top of the work me and DerZocker did on this Gsuki

worked on improving knuckles blinking animation (though I didn't update the gif just yet) and BlazefireLP helped with the shading on Sonic a little bit.

I'm not mad at this.

Just noticed that yeah, it is from the original Hydrocity.I recoloured this brick three times, didn't recall which colors I used and which were original.

Sorry, Mr. S.

No worries. Easy mistake to make, the block is straight from Hydrocity, I've yet to edit it. I won't copy any art, if I am wanting to use someones art I would first get permission from the artist.

It was pretty much given an official time following the instigation of Sonic 4 into canon. S4 being after S3nK pushes CD back to S1 and S2's interlude, and the new reveal that CD definetly happens before S4 only confirms that.

Of course, S4 was a piece of shit, but if you ignore that fact, CD has a pretty clear place in the whole scheme of things.

Judging Sonic CD before or after any game in the "Death Egg Trilogy" is just something that shouldn't be done. It's more or less like asking if Sonic and the Secret Rings is between Sonic 2006 and Sonic Unleashed.

CD is not in the middle or is a sequence to the Death Egg Trilogy. It's just before or after it, without giving continuity to it. It was launched in 1993, but there are evidences that its development started before Sonic 2.

Anyway, people can dream... I don't see a problem in wondering if it was immediately after S3&K and making a game that would be between them.

I think the main reason people think Sonic CD is in between S1 and S2 is because of the sprite style. There Sonic 1 adapted sprites and the environments are colored and styled much like S1 too.

Also imagine Metal Sonic was V1 and Silver Sonic was V2. If you mixed them two designs together I'm pretty sure you would get a result like Mecha Sonic (V3)

But then it can be argued why Robotnick went back to using the V1 Design in heroes.. Maybe he didn't? Maybe he dis-owned Metal Sonic and thats why he came back in heroes, took over Eggmans fortress and locked him away.. He probably didnt kill him cus he's his creator and all....

Also this may sound stupid but If you look at the Bosses in Sonic 1 and Sonic 2, The machines are not as big and evil as lets say Sonic 3 and Knuckles.. Maybe after Sonic 1 and CD he went even more insane and started building the Death Egg (A massive Death Machine) A Big robo copy of himself and started been more evil like Bombing Lava Reef and having a massive wind fortress.

Its my opinion that CD came before Sonic 2 too. Though honestly they probably didn't have a time line in mind.

I agree. While Sonic 1-K was clearly planned, CD was kind of just a spin-off for the sake of something good coming out on CD. I'm not totally sure if it's even in the same timeline as 1-K, if it was, wouldn't Amy (Rosie at the time) have at least made some kind of cameo, if not been a major character again?

It's still a possibility though.

If you meant the blocks I was trying to make some look like they were poping out, and some pushing into the background, Probably should use a darker grey for the back ones though.

but really I has no what I was doing lol. I did it in an evening class using WIN7's paint, so I was probably going mad or something.

And I think I managed to make it a little more interesting at least. A simple filter really helps give it more of a mood.

darknessftw.png

And I think I managed to make it a little more interesting at least. A simple filter really helps give it more of a mood.

[qimg]http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/FanGameRevolver/darknessftw.png[/qimg]

Too dark. The filter is a cool idea but definitely brighten it up a bit.

Also, try adding more non-interactive scenery to the background like pipes and gears.

[qimg]http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2908/mountainplace.png[/qimg]

I'm open to suggestions. ^^ I'd like to give it an oriental feel if possible, so maybe I could try changing the shrubbery to varying shades of pink.

Amazing. It just feels like a real screenshot in oil painting.

Dunno if this is gonna help, but the first thing I though about was Mayan and Aztech temples... (not sure which civilization has it, but meh)

I hope that everything in that screen is separated in layers, man a parallax with those bgs will be awesome :C

My only suggestion would be adding some noise to the closer mountain making it looks more like a rock texture. Anyways, Nice work, Strife :3

Whoa, thanks for all the responses guys! :D I'm glad y'all like it.

That looks epic :o You're really talented!

Maybe add a very faint sun in the background?

And somewhere in the middle where it goes very light green, Maybe add some more dark patches?

It reminds me of the Sonic CD Intro ^^

CD's intro, eh? I'll take that as a big compliment. ^__^ Also, I took your suggestion about the darker bits.

Yeah, that is really awesome. Did you draw the art on top of a real picture?

For the two mountain graphics in front of the mist, yes. I'm actually quite terrible at drawing convincing rocks from scratch - it just comes out so much more naturally if I use a photo. xD;

I hope that everything in that screen is separated in layers, man a parallax with those bgs will be awesome :C

Oh, believe me, it is. ^_^

sltest.png

I'm, uh, procrastinating on Spectrum Chase. <.<;; I honestly have no idea if I'm just screwing around at this point or legitimately starting a new project.

As far as the actual stage goes, I have no idea yet what I'm going to do with the foreground, but I think I want to shy away from a strict tileset in favor of something more seamless. As for the character, I found her on DeviantArt and really liked her design, so I asked the owner for permission to use her. Still no response yet, but I couldn't resist. xD