A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Did you edit Knuckles's pallet at all? He looks less "PINK" than usual.

Is this a bad thing? I don't think I'm the only one who thinks Amy is the only one with the right to be pink. Even Blaze looked slightly awkward as pink-o burning blaze. ...And I actually like pink, too.

And yes, I have every faith he did indeed edit Knuckles' pallet, seeing as how all the other characters have had there pallets tinkered with, if not more than just their pallets.

BTW, Chronic, I love how this is going on at the same time, not only according to the timer, but it looks like while Sonic, Tails, and Eggman duke it out away from the Deathegg, Knuckles and Metal are right in front of it at the same time.

Chaotix was beautiful, and I actually loved the gameplay, but it's pallete kinda sucked... Well, not even kinda, it just sucked. Nobody was colored right, with the exception of bosses.

Oh, well. Technically, Knuckles was colored right, according to Sega of Japan. He was supposed to be pink on Genesis too, but the total onscreen color limit didn't allow for that. Instead they matched him to Sonic/Tails' shoes.

Yeah I'm using OverBounds player sprites. Thanks!:) Ive given credit to everyone you specified OverBound:)

Seeing as I no longer have an engine TailsSena these are mockups thats why the timer is the same in both screenshots. However these do happen at the same time in the story line it just depends on which character you play as.

I've just noticed that a lot of people like to use that climbing sprite from Chaotix.

You guys must really like it.

I never have.

But, whatever floats your boats is fine with me.

I found another sprite in the Chaotix sheet that made me think it would have been a better fit and have thought of using it but working around it so it actually looks like he's climbing.

The sprite itself is eight rows down and is the last sprite in the row.

knuckles.png

I think it would look cool.

I'm not sure if it was a scrapped look or something but it makes me think of Sonic 3's climbing.

If you guys ever feel like doing it, I think it would look better than the normal one.

Indeed I am. ^_^

sltest.png

Still working on finishing a full tileset, but I'm pretty satisfied with the results so far.

The more I work on this, the more excited I get. xD I'm doing a lot of tweaking to the Sonic Worlds engine, such that there's a bigger focus on combat and platforming while still maintaining momentum-based gameplay. The Spin Dash and Super Peelout have been removed, and at some point I'll add an Energy meter that increases as you build up momentum/speed, allowing you to use special abilities and such. The tricky part is figuring out what those abilities would be.

Thanks. *w* And no, I just sprited her. She belongs to this lady.

If I continue working on this, then I'm going to try and be as original as possible, so Sonic and the gang won't be making an appearance. I'll also try and add a completely new set of items and powerups, though I'm not sure what I could do about replacing rings. Maybe instead of rings being scattered all over the level, they're extremely rare and act as an extra layer of shielding.