A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Shadow_sprint.gif

I actually finished this the night i said i was going to do it, but forgot to upload it due to being busy with other crap.

I was trying something a bit different with the fire (more white and yellow so it'll appear hotter), but later i may just redo the flame the original color so the switch from the older one to the newer one will appear more seamless.

The SA2 animation is pretty difficult to emulate, though, because there's alot of swaying involved, which isn't easy in 2D without completely redrawing some things, which i just don't feel like doing xD

Thanks for the feedback guys.

@Everyone here is a mock up of the tiles when there all not lined up:

[qimg]http://i55.tinypic.com/r0bae0.png[/qimg]

The pink is a little too... I dunno how to describe it... Dark? But if it where made much lighter it'd look like shit... Hrmm. Other than that it's great!

...Hey, try making the pink stuff a lightish blue maybe? Could work well with the green.

Sonic CD once had a variation of Sonic 1/Cameltry bonus stages. Some days ago i've thought about replicating the tiles from that screenshot, so i've spent the last hour doing it for fun:

scdbonusstagetiles1.png

Too bad the D(own) block doesn't appear in the screenshot. =(

I guess i'll have to imagine how it looked like.

If anyone wants to improve the sprites or make good use of them, feel free to.

Maybe some blocks with a darker pallette would help give it a more 3-D feel. Good job Blazefire.

And Hyper Emerson those look great! As if they were the real things! I sort of imagine that there were 3 layers. Each layer had a switch on it and you pressed it to get a corresponding reel to stop if you got all 7's in the time limit you'd get the emerald or doing the reels would just get you prize sif it was a bonus and not a special stage. If I had the ability to make something like that on game maker I so would.