A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Im liking the genesis style looooads more!

@Chronic, I'm really liking that! Is that SDash?

@Mr.s That mountain background.. its... its.. Beautiful <3

And it's not really a screenshot but I just finished this. Completely from scratch without using a reference.

d9IsA.jpg

its not perfect but I'm going to color it and touch it up in photoshop.

What do you think?

EDIT: Here's how Im getting on with it

1Z4zR.jpg

IMPORTANT: Before ANYONE starts raging about how shitty the hand looks. I already know. I spent a great deal of time on it trying to make it look better but with no luck :( If anyone feels they can touch up on it I would be most gratefull (I'll send you the finished product)

I still don't know what to use this for though xD If anyone would like it once its done your free to use it :)

2nd EDIT: IMGUR's messed up the quality. Apologies for that.

Apologies for the double post but here it is..

grBrO.png

It needs some final touches cus some little bits overlap and some stuff need curving off (Erasing)

But I'm pretty proud of this to say I didn't use a reference, its 100% Custom :ssmile:

I guess practice makes perfect so I'll stick at it.. My main focus is being a musician but I do really wanna touch up on my art skills.

If anyone would like the PSD file for this and edit it a little then your more than welcome to use it!

Apologies for the double post but here it is..

It needs some final touches cus some little bits overlap and some stuff need curving off (Erasing)

But I'm pretty proud of this to say I didn't use a reference, its 100% Custom :ssmile:

I guess practice makes perfect so I'll stick at it.. My main focus is being a musician but I do really wanna touch up on my art skills.

If anyone would like the PSD file for this and edit it a little then your more than welcome to use it!

It's pretty good for a start. Nice job!

The idea is Der Zocker will make extra unlockable levels for Time Twisted using all of the available time twisted assets. Ideally afterwards we could continue to work on them and make sort of a sister game to Time Twisted.

Similarly we plan on adding Genesis Sonic levels remixed with Time Twisted gimmicks and upgraded art.

The best part is since DerZocker is making the designs and the Genesis levels can be imported it will take very little extra time.

Well, they where, but it wasn't as noticable because they moved slowly enough that it really wouldn't have mattered if their animation speed was modified or not.

When you first start walking, you animate reaaaaly slow, then a bit faster as you pick up speed 'til you hit the running animation... This is goes for all Sonic games with the exeption of most GameGear titles. I don't remember if the Master System was capable or not...

So it'd be like...

*Always

=Set animation speed of "Sonic" to 8-abs((xspeed)( "Sonic" )) ...?

Or do you mean...

*Animation of "Sonic" = walking

=Force frame (Sonic) mod(<number of frames in animation>)/(8-xspeed( "Sonic" ))

But Genesis ran 30fps... So what would it be at 60fps?

...And I assume a "step" is roughly equivalent to or another word for a frame?

Hmmm greaty, Shockey Rai. I'm glad you got inspired on a Collab's level (: Keep this work up.

My turn

lhz_progress920.png

Progress on Lost Hope Zone (the zone that I still don't know if I'm going to release, remember?). I felt that graphics were the only thing that it had. So I made a few edits (the screenies above are more likely a pallete test):

Added two modes: a happy one, and a depressive one. This makes me also change the name of the level... I accept suggestions.

These modes are transitioned with th monitors above (Sorry about Nyan Cat and Justin Bieber's icons, I just needed to find symbols of happiness and depression for me [lol], I'm gonna change that. Also accepting suggestions on what should I put on those icons. And Bieber and Nyan may later be back on the infamous PINGAS Hill Zone I'm planning). When you break the Nyan Cat monitor, you fade to the "happiness"; when you break the Bieber monitor, you get hurt and fade to "depression". That's still basicaly a change of ink effects for some active objects, but I'll turn it into game differences, like different patches blocked on specific modes. For example, if you are "depressed" you can't go through a wall, but if you find a "happiness" monitor, this wall disappears. Still figuring it out on some concept.

Ergo, in the Depressive mode, words/phrases sometimes come out of nowhere to desincourage you (things like "You are alone", "Worthless", "Time to face your sins", etc). I still didn't test if it affects the player's subconsciousness, as there is pratically no level yet.

Basically, Depressive Mode is a Sonic-like Suicide Mouse (without the suicide thing) and an obscure Cartoon Wasteland, both related to Mickey Mouse. A place to forgotten things; and Happy(?) Mode is a place for all of the happy things you can still remember, that were not forgotten at all.

PS. One thing I swear I didn't notice

Lost Hope = LH. WTF

never know what could be in the leaves!

[qimg]http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4049/sonicblazeferalforest5.png[/qimg]

LOGKz.png

Just Chuck Testa.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Nice screens btw, LH. I would just recommend getting more contrast instead of the monochrome filter. I guess MMF2 HWA have a shader to boost up the contrast.