A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

I'd either make that brown larger since it's almost invisible on 1x scale, put the lighting change on a slant so it looks a bit less subtle, or go past the genesis palette limitation genesis style, by applying a dither (though that's admittedly usually tricky since it can look awkward in comparison to the rest of the sharp graphics).

The zone looks neat, but the grass shading needs to be bigger. The ground could also use more variety in shapes, maybe move every second row to the right or left 8 pixels too? I would also suggest setting up a pallet limit. This helps make things clash less.

The Sonic sprite also has a hideous head. It doesn't look attached. :s

The muzzle and eyes also look odd in some weird way I can't describe. It's the positioning or something.

The colors just aren't right Bri. Try using a Color Wheel thing like this:

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Its not the end all be all by any stretch but its a start. Look at other Sonic levels to see what colors go together well from them. You don't have to use precisely the same colors but get an idea of what colors look good together.

Your pattern could use some more depth too. I would suggest getting some bricks instead of the squares.

Also I'm PMing you with something that should really help you out.

Hi I have some new screen shots of Steel Station Zone.

nfact1.png

newfact3.png

nfact4.png

newfact2.png

nfact5.png

I was never satisfied with the look of this level so I have completely redone the background and the colour scheme. I also changed the music. I like this level a lot better now.

I love the tree that's attempting to grow inbetween the cracks of the metal foundation, and succeeding. Could use a tad of shadowing against the metal so it doesn't look pasted over the foreground though.

@Bri the Chao: Just increase the saturation of your checkered tiles to match the bright colors of everything else, and push Sonic's head backwards (the whole thing) by a single pixel, and you should be all set with a handsome screenshot, and thus hopefully a game to boot. ;>

Here's another screen, with new tiles and HUD

[qimg]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Briraka/Saphire/s_saphire02.png[/qimg]

@ vexter: Steel Station looks awesome!

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the first one and liked it a lot. I actually like the brick tiles from the first one better, although I do like the variety of the second set- maybe take that variety and apply it to the first?