A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM8] Sonic Dash+ Project

What theme of graphics would suit a level with many gimmicks?

Precisely what I mean, usually a good solid engine or great aethetic qualities on their own make something worth while. I'm not saying we make this amazingly good looking, but a decent set of visuals with some solid coding and I think this engine will soar.

Yeah they were too easy. Code is....

// ==== FUNCTION ====================================================================

// scrPlayerHandleObjectsPurpleSprings()

// ==================================================================================

//

if ( Action == consActionDead) exit;

var _ObjectHandle, _RelativeSpringOrientation;

// ---- Monitors --------------------------------------------------------------------

_ObjectHandle = instance_nearest(x, y, objSpringPurpleBottom);

if (_ObjectHandle != noone) {

_RelativeSpringOrientation = (_ObjectHandle.SpringOrientation-round(global.GravityAngle/90)) mod 4;

if (scrPlayerCollisionBottomObject(global.GravityAngle, 1, _ObjectHandle) && Gravity >= 0) {

Gravity = -_ObjectHandle.SpringStrength;

Ground = false;

Action = consActionSpring;

sound_stop(sndSpring);

sound_play(sndSpring);

_ObjectHandle.SpringStrength += 2;

}

}

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5170721/Sonic_D%2B_plus.gmk

I made the physics hopefully feel closer to the genesis. Plus I fixed a few bugs.

For instance the booster thing. If tails went through it Sonic would move too. This is because they are instances of the same object, and in your script you had objPlayer.Speed = Change something rather. So it moved every objPlayer. I know I did it that way in STT lots of times but that was only because I only had 1 character to worry about plus I didn't know better.

So FYI scripts such as object scripts that run from within objPlayer don't need to reference variables with objPlayer. Such as objPlayer.Speed. But if you do need to reference the player's objPlayer you can do so with this: global.Player1.Speed.

Top notch work OverBound, feels great to play! Thanks!

I'm working on the title screen now. I fixed the data select and made the end of the act less buggy and more aesthetically pleasing. I plan on doing away with the current menu system. It's over complicated and has masses of resources like objects and scripts when it only really needs one object to function correctly. The one I plan on making will be similar yet simpler to use and manipulate.

Also in the attachments (and my sig) are two variations of the pixel logo is sprited up. I'm moderately happy with it but I know you guys will find flaws and tinker with it until it's a true masterpiece so tell me your thoughts on that:)

post-4702-138639764795_thumb.png

post-4702-138639764796_thumb.png

Ported them both over and the work a treat!

You forgot one thing with the invincibility though. When you got hurt it would also show it because when ever you have an invincibility timer it would show it. I sorted it though.

Are there any gimmicks people could contribute? Corkscrew is one I think would be interesting to have in the engine and I can't work out how to add it. If anyone could do that?:)

I'll add a new menu system now:)

Loving the logo change, very subtle yet help alot.

Delta, if you can thank you:)

Also updates. Completely removed any trace of the old menu system. It had like 50 scripts and 10 objects, it was ridiculous. I replaced it with a near exact replica using only 1 object and obviously now it's easy to edit and easier to understand for newbies. Added the purple spring from Sonic XG (I loved that gimmck!) and started work on cleaning up the end act camera. Other bug fixes too. :)

Cool. I'm currently implementing the corkscrews and diagonal springs into the latest build of Sonic D+. They should be ready around... tomorrow.

Delta, I advise NOT to put our corkscrews into the engine. At least not yet. There are still some glitches I need to iron out.