A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM8] Sonic Dash+ Project

If you bothered reading the thread you'd know most of those points have been sorted, you played a verison from 2-3 days ago not the one I started editing. Did you even watch the video I posted? >_> Pretty much the only things I've haven't sorted are:

-Robotnik because I didn't make robotnik to bea boos or even good, the only reason I added him was to show the hud changes. If it pisses you off that much I'll touch him up.

-End sign glitches because I haven't coded sonics movement after them however if you read my previous comment you will see that I'm working on that.

-And erratic speed changes. It's to do with peel-out changing them.

-Also the sprites are in exactly the same position they were in the sonic dahs engine. The old sprites had a thick 2 pixel border round them thats why they looked closer to the wall. Though their mask needs to have a few pixels shaved off too.

I've also never touched the enemies or their effects.

Please Blazefire if you want to create decent criticsm read the entire thread first, then comment or else it looks a bit silly when you bring up things we've already changed.

You're lucky I even bothered give you feedback. Excuse me for not wanting to read everything while being slightly busy at the same time. I don't have time to read every single post. Just a general summary. Also, I see no video. Only a blank space where should supposedly be.

Edit: MP3 support would be much better as well.

After looking at the Sonic Worlds engine and its gimmicks, I will add these things:

- Basic Lava

- Flying Pieces when Breaking Wall

And these things we could add:

- Sky Sanctuary Teleport things

- Metropolis Zone Screws

- Pushable Objects

- Switches that open doors and shit

- If not already in, Basic Checkpoints.

Actually the breakable wall has the code for the flying objects I just haven't cleaned it up. And there's already pushable objects.

The collisions are off. It has nothing to do with the sprites either. In the old engine the sprites were always 2-3 pixels away from what they were colliding with now seeing as I removed the horrible grey borders they are slightly bigger.

Good work, I see you have fixed the bugs. Well Done.

As for the water I suggest you take a look at Kains cGM Sonic Engine.

The way I would do water is if Sonic is below the "objWaterline", his gravity variables will be lighter and his speed will be a bit slower, and when you're above the "objWaterline" his speed and gravity variables return to normal. "objWaterline" draw event draws the waterline stretched across the whole room and then draws a huge blue block below it with the transparency set to 0.8 or something that stretches across the entire room. Sorry if this didn't make to much sense. XP

• Like 1