A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM8] Sonic Dash+ Project

The problem with Sonic Genesis is that for some reason Windows Vista shits itself whenever the room_goto_next() function is used. And this only happens at the end of a level; I can go through the menu screen to the level itself and through the disclaimer using that function, and likewise with the credits, but I can't work on a game if I can't actually play it, let alone go through a personal coding crisis.

There's a lot of polishing to be done quite frankly. I'll add some gimmicks and clean up the sign post then I'll show everyone what I've got.

The way I see it is we just add until we have enough to warrant and engine then stick it up for download with credit where it's due.

Would everyone prefer Sonic 1 & 2's style of time bonus scoring or Sonic 3 & Knuckles'?

Maybe add options, based off a global variable? So people can choose what they want?

Perhaps this engine could be more customisable than Sonic Worlds. SDash+ could be awesome.

I really want to be involved with this, and I wish I could help. Maybe help advise? Port over, or code the customisation options? Dare I say make graphics for the example level and titlescreen, assuming we can't use the Azure Lake tiles? I was thinking maybe the title, instead of Sonic Dash +, could be SDash* or something.

Actually thinking about it, seeing as I didn't make the thread I can't do it anyway :L

I'd like the title screen to say "Sonic Dash+" but the game name cna be shortened to SDash+. But idk. I feel I'm being overzealous here. It's up to everyone who wants to help with it I guess.

I like Blazefire's the best, although honestly it's just a larger version of Overbound's but cleared up and with lighter colours... so I approve of them both.

Hmn, wait, I have an idea. I'll make a shitty mockup of it in a moment.

EDIT: Including components of Delta's in Blazefire's, for a best of all three worlds!

0sonicdash001.png