A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

well in no way is this game worthy of the title Sonic 4.

It's pretty cheap to just bring back a load of Sonic 2 bosses though and add like 1 or 2 extra moves. I did nostalgia a little bit though, it looks like it's well done.

I worry that Episode 2 will be full of zones such as "Hydro Under City Zone", "Marble Mountain Zone", "Carnival Evening Zone" and "Lift-Off Base Zone".

:|

So... The homing attack does indeed make the bosses a complete joke. The Sonic 2 final boss was once That One Boss, but now... It's just depressing, really, and the devs know it, which is why they over-extended the fight, but now it looks like it's simply a bore.

FAIL.

The final stage theme is seriously like a fucking 9 second loop.

I really can't believe this. I mean, i REALLY can't believe this.

no i mean i REALLY can't believe this. It's beyond being angry at Sega -- it's at the point where i really just pity the shitty team they have behind this game. They can't advance the series, nor can they successfully follow a formula that has no fewer than 6 more than decent full fledged examples of. They cant even find a median. They're just...pathetic.

And then they call the game "Sonic 4" and say "This is how the old games were". There are multiple members here, at this very forum, who could VERY much outperform the team responsible for this game.

After looking at that video... I'm just going to assume that

Sonic 1 Megamix is Sonic 4. Or something similar to that.

And then they call the game "Sonic 4" and say "This is how the old games were". There are multiple members here, at this very forum, who could VERY much outperform the team responsible for this game.

Word.

*Watches the final boss*

I just want to scream. How can any team of game makers be so damn stupid!

Haha, I did this last week. I know how you feel bro.

It's like if someone kidnapped someone dear to you. 16 years pass and you've accepted they're gone when suddenly you recieve a call from them saying they're being held hostage in a building. You rush to the building only to have it explode in your face.

Yup, that's exactly how I felt when I saw the last boss.

I was actually pretty suprised by the homing attack when I played it last. You really need to be quite close for it to work correctly so it's mainly used for getting higher up on a series of badniks.

In that video Robotnik was on the edge of the screen and he homing attacked him in the first boss fight. If thats quite close then I'm glad they didn't give him far reach.

Yeah outrage blah blah. That final stage looks so boring and dumb.

It's like if someone kidnapped someone dear to you. 16 years pass and you've accepted they're gone when suddenly you recieve a call from them saying they're being held hostage in a building. You rush to the building only to have it explode in your face.

Yup, that's exactly how I felt when I saw the last boss.

This made me laugh

Sorry for the DP.

It looks like it's coming next week for all platforms. Anyone here going to really get it?

fuck no. Im not touching that purchase button with a 10-foot pole. Hell, i wouldn't even touch it with a net-less computer. If some other dipshit pays them $10 for an HD fangame, then sure. I'd rather spend my money on the Alpha build of Sonic Bible Adventure 2.

Edit: no, that was not a joke. I'd donate $10 to another Dynasty Warriors sequel before this shit. Then pay double price for Guitar Hero 32.

When the demo (and the full game) arrive on the 12th on the PSN, I will download it and give it (Splash Hill Acts 1-3 and boss?) a go. If I think it should be worth looking into, I'll spend that $15 on it. If I find out that my $15 was wasted on crap, then boo hoo. Life will go on.

So, it looks like Sonic 4 will be hitting the digital storefronts soon. Less than 2 days from now it will be out on the App Store, with the console releases coming out on the 11th-13th next week. I know the answer will be no for most of you (and there's really no point in me asking considering you decided for yourselves to not even touch it with a 10 foot pole), but I'll ask anyway: Will you guys be trying/purchasing it?

Emulators can go eat a dick. I only ever use them for hacking/boredom at school purposes. They can't provide me the same nostalgic value of playing the actual console; not even USB controllers help.

Kids these days; don't know proper appreciation for the technology available to them. :icon_rolleyes:

If Overbound says there is no Sonic 4, then he will never have a Sonic 4 no matter how much you flaunt your submissive splashes into the air. Simple fact; if someone chooses something to not exist, then it don't.

Emulators can go eat a dick. I only ever use them for hacking/boredom at school purposes. They can't provide me the same nostalgic value of playing the actual console; not even USB controllers help.
Kids these days; don't know proper appreciation for the technology available to them. :icon_rolleyes:

Lark has four emeralds, therefore your argument is invalid.

this is stupid

Sonic 1 Megamix is Sonic 4.

it's obviously chaotix

So then by your logic Sonic 4 is Chaotix. Then we come to my post.

Chaotix sucked. There is no Sonic 4.

I obviously meant a true sequel worthy of S3.

[qimg]http://www.electricpig.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/sonic-4-1-580x361.jpg[/qimg]

It exists.

It may be good, it may suck balls.

That varys from person to person.

It exists though.

Deal with it.

So what I'm getting from you is you think Chaotix and Sonic 4 are for lack of a better term Sonic 4. O_o So now instead of one bad Sonic 4 according to you we now have two bad Sonic 4s thanks a lot! I'm sticking with my original statement.

There is no Sonic 4.