A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

holy fuck overbound the chaotix thing was a joke

good God you just take shit way too seriously

Whao simmer down there. I just thought it was funny that you said two different games were Sonic 4. Plus there was really no way to tell it was a joke after all the statement isn't that unreasonable excluding Sonic and Knuckles Chaotix is the next game inline.

There's love, hate, passion, and hilarity all through this thread and its all centered around this game. No need to take any of it personally. ^_-

Considering others have said Chaotix was Sonic 4 and been serious about it there was no way to know one way or another. But whether it was a joke or not is irrelevant. As nothing in my post was offensive unless pointing out the fact that you called 2 games Sonic 4 is offensive.

Like I said there's love, hate, passion, and hilarity all through this thread and it’s all centered around this game. No need to take any of it personally. ^_- And there is certainly no reason for anyone to be rude. So let's just leave it at that.

Thought you were referring to this at first espeed, hahah.

I need to stop watching television with my little brothers apparently.

giiirls I'll pop glocks in your mouth and make brain slushies

Sistah please. Don't make me go smack ya upside the head now. *snap snap snap*

Also we all need to agree that Sonic 4 is

The sad thing is Chaotix was under project name Sonic 4 at one point in development IIRC or something

it was some time between Crackers and the Final Chaotix (well no shit on that though)

this is based on memory though

lol if that happened this would be Sonic 5, or heck would have just never happened

• Like 1

I can't wait until this game comes out now for another reason, to hopefully stop all this stupid fighting haha. It probably won't, but I gotta love how intense some people have gotten over trying to convince other people their -opinion- or personal preferences on the game is wrong. Why don't people just accept that others will like/dislike something different with this franchise and leave it at that lol, it would save a lot of headaches I am sure. When I first joined SFGHQ I didn't remember there being 35 pages of the same old arguments I read on other sites :P

Will you guys be trying/purchasing it?

My impatient-ness might kick in and I might try and get 10 dollars and buy it for iOS.

It exists.

It may be good, it may suck balls.

That varys from person to person.

It exists though.

Deal with it.

This sums up my whole opinion on this thread.

Screw you guys Sonic R was Sonic 4 and no one can convince me otherwise. Fuckin loved that game.

Anyway, I'll probably demo this and then I will come here and whine about how its not right even if its really good. Its my duty as a true fan.

Sometimes I wonder if Sonic 2/3K were really good or if I just have my nostalgia goggles on too tight

For me, Sonic 2 isn't as fun as I remember it at times. I still love it, but some levels are tedious and I don't enjoy them. Sonic 3 and Knuckles however I play over and over and over and over and over and over again, its probably not a big score to a lot of people but I got 1.4mil in a run a few months back when I played it all the way through in one sitting really late at night/early in the morning. I adore that game, and is my big inspiration for getting into the gaming industry. I want to create cool games like that. That's just me though!

Edit: Though I only ever seem to play as Knuckles haha. The 1.4mil run wasn't done with Sonic heh. I just think playing as Knuckles is too much fun, the gliding and climbing and the different level paths that are a bit harder make the game even more fun for me. Plus Knuckles is awesome :D

Oh right I forgot; sarcasm doesn't work on the internet and yet it can work in books

derp

and yeah you're right lets all circlejerk while talking about fan games

Sarcasm doesn't work on the Internet due to a combination of the writer usually not knowing how to convey sarcasm and the reader not being on guard for sarcasm. On books you tend to have a little more context when sarcasm pops up.

That said, yeah, I thought it was probably a sarcastic statement to begin with, but I'm sarcastic somewhere in the neighborhood of 50% of the time, so I assume the same from everyone else.

@Rawr: Yeah, but every game has some stuff like that. Hell, I find over half of Sonic 1 tedious these days. All that rock pushing... waiting for moving platforms to ascend and descend for 30 seconds at a time while trapped in a tiny gap, underwater platforming with thousands of spears, etc. etc.

I can't wait until this game comes out now for another reason, to hopefully stop all this stupid fighting haha.

Nah, then we enter the post-release rage. And then Sega will announce Episode 2 info. Seriously, when all of this is over, someone lock this and archive it.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=347080

For those with an intention to buy more than 1 copy of the game, you will get your name memorialized on the internet.

So I propose a counter offer: for those who declare and follow through with their intention to NOT buy or play more than 1 copy of the game, I'll put you on the Intelligent Gentlemen's List for Intelligent Gentlemen. And my list is cooler. It has redundancy.