A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 4 Thread

Slingerland

Anyone interested in seeing the other zones? I really liked the appearance of Mad Gear Zone from what I saw, has a Metropolis Zone vibe to it.

Lost Labyrinth Zone to me looks like it'd either be a Hydrocity like zone, or a wide open water zone feel at least. :x

Oh. I don't know why but it hadn't occurred to me once that we'd be getting some water levels. Those were always some of my faves.

You're reading too far into it. It makes perfect sense.

No. It really doesn't. Even if the analogy were legit, it doesn't really mean anything. It's the rough equivalent of saying opinions are like noses for the same reason. So what? It isn't like they are devaluing one another.

It's an analogy that only became popular because it sounded gritty and rude. Sort of like any Adult Swim original.

Ok let's analyze this one real quick:

Everyone has an asshole. CHECK.

Everyone has opinions. CHECK.

Therefore, my statement is valid.

End of discussion. Show me any form of fallacy there and I'll eat my OWN asshole. Hows that for gritty and rude.

Stop reading too far into things to stand out in the crowd. You'll never get along with people.

If the only point is that everyone has them it seems like a rather moot point. Its not like anyone thinks people don't have opinions, so its not something that really needs convincing.

So, how about that... wallpaper? Was that the newest thing? This is the second time I've checked. I saw some bushes too.

If the only point is that everyone has them it seems like a rather moot point. Its not like anyone thinks people don't have opinions, so its not something that really needs convincing.

So, how about that... wallpaper? Was that the newest thing? This is the second time I've checked. I saw some bushes too.

It's a statement that's said when people are bitching about other people bitching. Usually happens cuz people don't agree with someone else's opinion. THUS the statement.

Jesus never mind. I forgot this forum is filled with people who analyze every post character-by-character for something to talk about.

Ok let's analyze this one real quick:

Everyone has an asshole. CHECK.

Everyone has opinions. CHECK.

Therefore, my statement is valid.

End of discussion. Show me any form of fallacy there and I'll eat my OWN asshole. Hows that for gritty and rude.

Stop reading too far into things to stand out in the crowd. You'll never get along with people.

FALSE! The original statement didn't have "everyone has opinions" as the qualifier, it was "everyone has one opinion". Now go eat your own asshole.

The disconnect was of course that people can have an infinite number of opinions or even zero if they are vegetative, but barring birth defects and injuries, they can only have one asshole. Actually, now that I think about it, with the birth defects and what not, people can have zero. Or many. Assholes that is. So opinions are like assholes, but not for the given reason!

So if you want to amend for logical correctness, you'd say "Opinions are like assholes, people typically have at least one. Maybe more, maybe less." Ah, but now that doesn't roll off the tongue does it! It's also confusing. And makes even less of a connection.

Ideas on the other hand are golden and not in any way shitty. Anyone who would imply otherwise immediately incurs my obsessive compulsive wrath!