A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The ones you've all been waiting for - Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Blyde

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And in case you guys were afraid of it being otherwise' date=' the map shows the Magnet Train Station as well as Route 27 and the whole Tohjo Falls area to the right of New Bark Town. Yay Kanto.[/quote']

D:! Well, there's your confirmation.

Yeah, character customization would be nice. I also hope the battles are a little sped up from DPPt (never played Pt, but I heard that they sped them up somewhat). Having a weather condition reminder is rather irritating.

Yeah, character customization would be nice. I also hope the battles are a little sped up from DPPt (never played Pt, but I heard that they sped them up somewhat). Having a weather condition reminder is rather irritating.

In Platinum, the battles aren't really sped up at all, they're just as slow. But they made it so that when it asks if you want to switch Pokemon when the opponent is also switching, the text displaying the Pokemon's name doesn't disappear like it does in D/P, making it a little easier to decide if you look away from the screen.

Also I hope that in these remakes they make the levels higher...G/S/C had low levels.

In Platinum, the battles aren't really sped up at all, they're just as slow. But they made it so that when it asks if you want to switch Pokemon when the opponent is also switching, the text displaying the Pokemon's name doesn't disappear like it does in D/P, making it a little easier to decide if you look away from the screen.

Also I hope that in these remakes they make the levels higher...G/S/C had low levels.

Huh? Are you sure? Platinum's system is quicker, it may not be Gen III speed but it's faster than D/P's.

I think I'll check my copies of Pearl and Diamond and do a comparison. I do recall Pearl being really slow while Diamond sped it up quite a bit to the point it's a lot more tolerable. (The weather animations if I recall correctly are shorter too)

EDIT: Compared the two.

Noteable things:

* When a Wild Pokemon appears. Both its status and animation plays at the same time. (In D/P, the animation plays first and then the status displays).

*There's a lot of less pauses between dialog and animation/etc. (D/P has a 1 second pause between these.)

*The weather animations are shorter.

*Not confirmed but: I heard the move animations are quicker too, or at least some of them have been made shorter.

They needed low levels to justify going back to Kanto. They'll never allow us to fight npc trainer battles at levels higher than 70...

But they made it WAY too low...to the point where Kanto NPCs had Lv27 Pokemon, that was just lame. Also to make a comparison, in FireRed/LeafGreen, the 5th Gym Leader's strongest was a Lv43 Weezing. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, the 8th Gym Leader's strongest was only a Lv40 Kingdra. Johto's final Gym being outleveled in Kanto by 4 Gyms? SERIOUSLY? That's lame.

EDIT: Compared the two.

Noteable things:

* When a Wild Pokemon appears. Both its status and animation plays at the same time. (In D/P, the animation plays first and then the status displays).

*There's a lot of less pauses between dialog and animation/etc. (D/P has a 1 second pause between these.)

*The weather animations are shorter.

*Not confirmed but: I heard the move animations are quicker too, or at least some of them have been made shorter.

Oh, so they did make it a little bit faster....well, not fast enough for me to notice anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
Hmm, links broken already? Is this what it looks like?

[qimg]http://flame-ex.com/hgssenglish.png[/qimg]

Those are the fake ones, they were on DeviantArt. The real one was already posted by 2LT. Anyways.

I'm glad they actually did something different with the logo this time. In the US, Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed, LeafGreen, Emerald, Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum ALL HAVE THE EXACT SAME LOGO. In Japan it's different for every single game. Now that they FINALLY did something different, I wish they would get rid of that stupid cartoony yellow & blue "Pokemon" logo.

Yes. Gold Version is still my favorite version to this day; I clocked in so many hours on that game trying to get my team to Lv100 and trying to catch 'em all.

Too bad I picked up my game four years later and discovered that the game erased itself. And I only needed to catch 13 more Pokemon, too. :(

Well, here's hoping that the new game stays as true to the old games as possible. Hopefully they keep the Kanto adventure, the Mystery Trainer house, the Apricorns, and hopefully we still get the Pokegear. Perhaps, since we can't use Mystery Gift anymore, the Mystery Trainer house would have you fight Trainers from your list of friend codes.

Anyway, when these games do come out, I'll get the HeartGold Version and start with Cyndaquil again; he was always my favorite starter Pokemon.

I think your game erased because of the internal battery...thank god they made DS cards and thank god for HG/SS, I wonder if Sega can top that.

PS:POKEWALKERZ TRAIN UR POKEMANZ WHILE RUNNING FTW!!!

PSS:That motivates fat kids ^

I hate how they keep glamorizing the PokeWalker.

I honestly don't give a shit about the PokeWalker, they should start showing us about the actual game instead of that stupid little device >= O!

THIS. Whenever I see that thing in magazines, I'm like wtf is this?

Spring 2010? Geez. I figured Nintendo would try to capitalize on the Xmas season here with this one. Looks like its Wii shovelware for Xmas this year!

I'm not really surprised we're getting the remakes next year. Don't we always get the Pokemon games 5-7 months after Japan?

Can't fault a guy for wishful thinking, right? Of course, I'm used to the whole Nintendo delay scheme these days. Mario Galaxy 2 for the US will arrive in 2011, and the US version of Metroid: Other M will arrive after the planets have properly aligned.

Pokemon games have changed so little over the years, I lost interest eons ago. I personally don't think they should be remaking old ones at this point.

Emerald was the only one i really played and got somewhere in, but even that one lost me interest by the time i got to like the 5th or so gym and realized I'd been obliterating the entire game with the 3 Pokemon I got 1 hour in. Too repetitive for me.

Can't fault a guy for wishful thinking, right? Of course, I'm used to the whole Nintendo delay scheme these days. Mario Galaxy 2 for the US will arrive in 2011, and the US version of Metroid: Other M will arrive after the planets have properly aligned.

HAI GIES, WE'RE MAKING ZELDA TWILITE PRINCES. IT COMS OUT SOON

*3 years later*

But yeah, can't fault you. Hell, I don't think they even start on Wii Zelda yet. (IIRC, was the only thing so far just the drawing? I hope I'm wrong.)

But yeah, can't fault you. Hell, I don't think they even start on Wii Zelda yet. (IIRC, was the only thing so far just the drawing? I hope I'm wrong.)
They said that they're working on dungeon layouts and gimmicks before they start to actually put the game together. They could just be lying though.