A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The ones you've all been waiting for - Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Blyde

Okay, the names are kinda strange, now that I think about it. But FUCK! It took them long enough!

A picture of the Japanese logos

Official Japanese site confirming this

Bulbapedia article about the games

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw5W5nEiIbk&fmt=18 A video of the (scant) gameplay footage shown on 5/10.

According to the official site, it's expected to be released in Japan in fall 2009. :aparty:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Shadix

I think I jizzed.

Pokemon Silver I think was one of the most memorable moments of my childhood haha... I can't freaking wait.

We got to experience G/S before it even came out via a partially translated, self-emulating computer copy distributed to us by a neiborhood friend. It was perfect aside from Erika using a Lv. 100 Octillary for some reason. When it came out in English, we nerdgasm'd over the differences between the English and Romanized names and over what certain attacks turned out to be.

So yeah, it was definitely one of our fond memories, too.

Oh god... When I remember the days spent playing Gold... Oh god...

Yes. Gold Version is still my favorite version to this day; I clocked in so many hours on that game trying to get my team to Lv100 and trying to catch 'em all.

Too bad I picked up my game four years later and discovered that the game erased itself. And I only needed to catch 13 more Pokemon, too. :(

Well, here's hoping that the new game stays as true to the old games as possible. Hopefully they keep the Kanto adventure, the Mystery Trainer house, the Apricorns, and hopefully we still get the Pokegear. Perhaps, since we can't use Mystery Gift anymore, the Mystery Trainer house would have you fight Trainers from your list of friend codes.

Anyway, when these games do come out, I'll get the HeartGold Version and start with Cyndaquil again; he was always my favorite starter Pokemon.

Yeah, I can't remember anyone who didn't pick Cyndaquil...Typhlosion is such a badass. I spent years playing Silver and I checked my file again a couple of years ago...it was gone. Died in my lap that morning. I only had to catch Kingdra, too (got a legit Celebi from the old NY Pokémon Center) - since then I've NEVER caught a Kingdra, ever. But maybe this time! =D

The reason this game was a gigantic landmark for the pokemon world is because of the entire environmental feel the game had. It actually took place in a Japanese setting and the colors were so vivid. The other games felt futuristic and kind of Americanized, while Gold and Silver felt like you took a giant step back in time, despite the story taking place 4-5 years in the future in the pokemon world.

Once I get my hands on this game, I will not put it down. At all. I'm excited just to see the trailer for this major beast.

no dick, the main appeal to this game was the fact that after you beat the long ass main portion, they're like OSHIT THAT WAS COOL N ALL, BUT HOW ABOUT YOU GO TO FUCKING KANTO, YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST GAME RIGHT? HERE IT IS YEARS LATER!

That part pretty much ruined the later games for me because no continent was as big and they never had the stones to make you go back to past areas again.

How does it feel like it's back in time even though it added internet and cell phones and shit?

Also, I vote "yourself from a previous game" as the best final boss ever. He might know everything you're going to do, but that doesn't matter because you know everything he's going to do!

Ste-range, isn't i-! *shot*

Because it took place in a japanese setting, it it gave an old feudal japan feel. Maybe its just me but it just felt very different and old fashion, despite there being high tech shit. Maybe it was the music too.

I'm so tempted to put that in my sig.

But yes, LinkG07 makes a very good point, and that's another one of the things that I liked about this game. Compared to RBY, GS made you feel like you were one with nature: living off the land, visiting blacksmiths and exploring ancient landmarks like the Sprout Tower, the Dragon's Den and the Ilex Forest (speaking of which, perhaps most of us can finally get that GS Ball event that we were supposed to get in the Crystal version). You've also gotta love the Dark Cave (which has the best cave music ever; I hope Nintendo can make that music cooler than it already was), and in hindsight I think it's so cool that the game gave you the option of exploring without being able to use the Flash HM.

In fact, this game felt less linear compared to all the other Pokemon games, and looking back, I think that's probably one of the coolest things about this game.

Dunno, you know i love it when i managed to hold on to my copy of silver for the longest time. I still also own pokemon pinball (fuck you guys that game rocked!). I personally can't wait for this, only problem is the localization teams for the pokemon games are worse than fucking square enix's final fantasy team, takes them like a full year to get these fuckers out.

Well, I haven't found any better videos yet, but here's the footage that was shown with today's announcement thingy.

Pics on Serebii: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml

So your starter follows you like in Pokémon Yellow? Pretty interesting. And it sounds like New Bark Town's theme is a lot slower than it originally was...ah my favorite first town theme. Anyway, it looks like what I'd expect from a 4th gen version of GS, so not much to say. Still excited, obviously...I want some more info...damn.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw5W5nEiIbk&fmt=18 Better video, though there's not much more shown here.