A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The ones you've all been waiting for - Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Blyde

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Neckerchief

Novelty Tie

Scarf

This has been a totally fabulouth fathion leththon by Phoenixth Gamma.

<homosexual> A novelty tie doesn't have to be 8-bit or anything...It can be anything someone's stupid heart desires. That ATROCIOUS puffy white monstrosity could easily be considered a novelty tie. </homosexual>

Huh - what? Oh, yeah. Silver. Yes. Lugia is cool.

<homosexual> A novelty tie doesn't have to be 8-bit or anything...It can be anything someone's stupid heart desires. That ATROCIOUS puffy white monstrosity could easily be considered a novelty tie. </homosexual>

Huh - what? Oh, yeah. Silver. Yes. Lugia is cool.

Pah-leath. You don't think I know that? Girl, I just choth that tie because it's thomwhat relevant to the converthation.

But I'm not the one who mithtook a thcarf for a tie :|

PG would like to apologize to all the gays in this thread :(

I'm gonna have to go with soul siver. heart gold sounds weird. And my opinion is that they got lazy and uncreative with the titles. I understand the direction they were going with (heart and soul), but it just sounds really corny compared to all the other main titles. FiredRed and LeafGreen were acceptable, and even caught on after a while, but heat gold and sould siver? come on now.

One of the opening songs said "Golden Sun and Silver Moon", so I was ready to go apeshit when they named it that.

Also, I'm going Silver, because IIRC, that's the one with Vulpix, and I would probably kill my entire family for a real life Vulpix. Thing's fucking adorable. Lugia's way cooler too.

Yeah, Lugia is much cooler...literally too. I mean Ho-Oh is a phoenix thing and that must imply a higher body temperature. Ha ha I'm so clever.

It'd be funny if the Gold remake was called Golden Sun, eh? And the remakes announcement got me to start messing around in Pearl again. I now have three boxes full of Doduo.

Yeah, Lugia is much cooler...literally too. I mean Ho-Oh is a phoenix thing and that must imply a higher body temperature. Ha ha I'm so clever.

It'd be funny if the Gold remake was called Golden Sun, eh? And the remakes announcement got me to start messing around in Pearl again. I now have three boxes full of Doduo.

I have a few boxes of Squirtles. Man, those things love to hump. Love to.

I have a box full of Riolu haha. I at one point had a lot of Mudkip as well just for kicks, but it seems like it was very popular among my friends.

Anyway, I'm psyched for this game to come out! Gold/Silver/Crystal were my faves.

• 2 months later...

You know, it's been several months. We have A LOT more information on this game now. Anyways:

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml

*Ho-oh & Lugia are now Lv45 (they were Lv40 in the originals)

*Raikou and Entei are the only Pokemon roaming Johto now, Suicune is stationary

*Eusine from Pokemon Crystal returns

Also watch the latest video on this page:

http://www.filb.de/

It shows what it looks like before you battle Ho-oh & Lugia. It also shows the Arceus event. Also the Japanese Pokemon website has updated their Pokedex with the new artwork of all of the Johto Pokemon.

Also new Johto map from June:

JohtoMap.png

Basically, Serebiiforums is the most up-to-date place possible to get information on these new games.

Wow, the months just flew by. This game comes out in Japan in 54 days! Funny how the localization hasn't even been announced yet.

So Eusine is in this game, and the Pokémon in the first slot of your party follows you around...it's almost like they made HG/SS a spiritual remake of both Yellow and Crystal as well. Also because there's a special Pichu originally from the anime that refuses to evolve.

And in case you guys were afraid of it being otherwise, the map shows the Magnet Train Station as well as Route 27 and the whole Tohjo Falls area to the right of New Bark Town. Yay Kanto.

Too lazy to read through all these pages, what changes are being made? Can you travel to like.. the locales in Fire Red/Leaf Green?

I think I always preferred Red over Gold/Silver. Back when Red/Green/Blue/Yellow came out the idea was still fresh. Silver was fun at the beginning, but it just never enticed me to finish. Never even bothered to play Fire Red fully through. :(

Too lazy to read through all these pages, what changes are being made? Can you travel to like.. the locales in Fire Red/Leaf Green?

I think I always preferred Red over Gold/Silver. Back when Red/Green/Blue/Yellow came out the idea was still fresh. Silver was fun at the beginning, but it just never enticed me to finish. Never even bothered to play Fire Red fully through. :(

As far as I know, Kanto is definitely in the remake.

Never finished Silver? How far did you get? Cause there's a ton more to do as a opposed to Red and Blue.

I don't remember how far I got, last thing I remember was there was that park that held contests on certain days or something. To me, it just ended up feeling like I was playing the same thing over again and it never felt as novel or amazing as my run through Red- which I still remember being loads of fun.

Really, Kanto's in it? That's pretty cool. So can you finally region-hop in the games? Still looking toward the day when you choose a region as your starting point and work your way up to Gym Leader of any place of your choice. Also, MMORPG. :P