A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The ones you've all been waiting for - Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Blyde

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shit yeah, Totodile kicked major ass.

Once he learned Bite, he could effectively rape all of the Psychic and Ghost types he encountered.

In face, in my first playthrough of the game, I used that fucker so much that he was level 74 by the time I reached the League.

Like everyone else has said, this is probably the most memorable Pokemon gameplay experience of my childhood.

There were so many things that stood out when playing the game:

-Berry's were introduced in vagina looking flower like bushes. They were the new healing items and there were new balls you could make from them. But dammit, did it take forever for that old man to finish them

-Falkner was the first flying gym leader and I must say, he was badass. Mud slap made him annoying to fight but once you got the move you would laugh at all the times your opponent would miss while they were devoured by mud. On that note there's also the other gym leaders who used different types which were cool: Bugsy, (who I thought was a girl for the longest) Whitney, (aka that bitch with the Miltank. Its just clefairy, then boom big a$$ cow.) Morty, (That Gengar...) Jasmine, (Don't even think about fighting her if you didn't have flame wheel with Quilava.) Chuck, (and his Hypnosis happy Poliwrath.) Bryce, (Easy old geezer) and finally Claire... Ohhhh Claire and her raping Kingdra.

-The new pokemon you could mess around with as well as types. Also the new ways you could encounter a pokemon, like headbutting the f**ker out of a tree.

- A catchable Red Gyarados.

- Ho-oh and his All healing Sacred Ash item, and Lugia and his Aeroblast.

- Finding that the game wasn't over when you faught all the gyms, and you could go back to Kanto AND get the badges from the old Gym leaders. Is that awesome, or is that awesome?

- Red. (Also Gary/Blue apparently is the Gym leader of Viridian.)

Bryce, (Easy old geezer)

It's Pryce, not Bryce.

I liked the idea of including Kanto, but I didn't like how they made it half the size of the original Kanto. But what can you say, these were 8-bit games. Hopefully if they include Kanto, they make it as big as it was presented in FR/LG.

Heck, by typing out that last paragraph, it made me remember that going to 2 regions was awesome! I remember how I could never find out how to get the Rail Pass, so from Thursday-Sunday I would always be in Kanto, and from Sunday-Thursday I would always be in Johto, all because of the S.S. Aqua departure time.

- Finding that the game wasn't over when you faught all the gyms, and you could go back to Kanto AND get the badges from the old Gym leaders. Is that awesome, or is that awesome?

Holy shit yes. I thought I beat the game... then found out it was only half over. Best surprise ever.

I don't think this link has been posted yet, longer version of Blyde's video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4rPZe0CHBE

Because it was so unexpected. In the first game the S.S. Anne ditched you leaving you to wonder where the bastards went. Then in G/S you take another ride and find out why you had to get off in the first game in the first place: It led to another region entirely. It was the same feeling as getting a xbox for your birthday when your mom said you were getting clothes instead.

I don't know why people make such a big deal about going back to Kanto. The Battle Frontier introduced in later games works just fine I think.

yea, if it wasn't spoiled to you, it was like finding part 2 to an already fucking awesome and long game. Silver/Gold was definitely the best out of all the seqels, those battle frontiers do nothing for me.

I mean, I'm just about as happy as everyone else, but out of everything, thats what everyone seems to like the most?

well the adventure itself was excellent, everything was brand new, fun gym battles (probably the thoughest), excellent continent, the new pokemon where cool. Then after that kanto :P

It's about time that the best Pokemon games ever get another go-around. Hell yes, this will definitely replace my Pearl version as my main catch-everything game. Some of my best childhood memories involve carrying my GameBoy Color and Silver version around.

I'm getting Chikorita this time. I got Totodile last time around, and I'm not a big fan of ol' Cyndaquil.

I'll be really disappointed if we can't travel back to Kanto. Getting 1 badges and exploring a massive world was the main attraction to G/S for me.

It is just me or are the girls for each game getting girlier and girlier? I thought Dawn was the line, but I guess I was wrong. Dawn totally rocked something you would see in high school. All she needed was a Sidekick and she'd be set. lol

Whaaa? I can't make sense of that and I've read it about ten times.

Pink skirt and boots made her look like a High School prep girl. You know, the girls that walk around texting and sh** thinking they look pretty. I can totally imagine her walking down a hallway texting on a sidekick. But I digress.