A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The ones you've all been waiting for - Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Blyde

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new trailer shows Kanto at the end of it :P.

It looks bigger than FR/LG.

Great! The map sizes in GSC were one of my complaints about that game. Now I hope they work on the Pokemon Trainer balance. I didn't like how I fought really weak trainers in routes where they should be tougher :(

Great! The map sizes in GSC were one of my complaints about that game. Now I hope they work on the Pokemon Trainer balance. I didn't like how I fought really weak trainers in routes where they should be tougher :(

Yeah, it was pretty stupid how all my Pokemon were like Lv50, and everybody else's was Lv27.

• 3 weeks later...

So the game's out in Japan in six days. There's a chance the legendary birds are obtainable in this game, as is Mewtwo. And now you can watch a Japanese guy on Pokémon Sunday play through a portion of the beginning of the game, if you so wish. Includes the rival battle and music =o!

(Funny because they go gaga over being able to hear the sound of water in New Bark Town. That's cool, but...)

http://www.filb.de/1149

As gimmicky as it is, I find the PokeWalker to be rather amusing, if only because I do alot of movement between school and work. Just toss the thing under my shirt and I've saved myself an hour of grinding I guess. Only way it could be cooler is if somehow the PokeWalker was also compatible with Personal Trainer: Walking.

All Pokewalker will do is remind me of those months I spent shaking Pokemon Pikachu for days on end, losing all of my watts to that roulette machine and cursing my friend's name because he told me some "trick" to win that was total bullshit.

Brain, you're asslicking dickhead and almost caused me to pick up a nasty gambling problem.

Hey ila, you counting down to 2000 posts or something?

I agree with you on the PokéWalker thing. I do a lot of walking so it'd be handy to have, I guess. If it's packaged with the US versions I sure hope there's an option to turn off sound. Those beeps are abrasive and screechy...

And you can get a Pikachu that knows Fly in one PokéWalker course!

Haha, I've already got lost in the game. I haven't played Silver or Gold in ages so there were a few times where I forgot what to do. My friend though has played them recently and pointed me in the right direction.

Maybe I'll download this patch if I can use it with my existing save file. It'll make managing items and attacks a little easier, and that way if I get a key item that is important I'll probably know what to do with it.

Training up my Pokes, I thought there'd be Poliwags on Route 30 so I'd get a decent water type early, spent an hour searching around...

I also checked out the Arceus Event at Ruins of The Alph (got Arceus in a trade, probably hacked but works). Got teleported to a temple in a snowy place, in a house i think Cynthia was telling me to put every Poke except Arceus in the PC.

All i can say about the cutscene when you choose your legendary is it's like that weird trip Kyle from South Park has when he thinks he doesn't exist, Arceus's battle music and real photographs of cities and stuff from space flashing past. Though why Palkia kept showing up i don't know (I chose Dialga)...

EDIT: Video of said event,

I'd patch it but i havern't got a clue how to patch it so it'll work on my R4. That and I'm not really trusting links from 4chan.