A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SAGE 2008 - That's a WRAP!!

Guest Shadix

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I need sleep. The level is aaaalmost done. It just needs a couple more finishing touches (I need to sprite some trees and place them) and then I can assemble the title, level, score tally, etc. in to one EXE, do a brief bit of testing to make sure it all works, and I am done.

Not too happy about the framerate right now, though. It's not awful - I think it's smoother than Mecha Madness - but it's still low, and I've done everything I can (within the SAGE timeframe, at least) to make sure it's as smooth as possible.

Argg >_< each time i test my game i find a new bug i_i

This is so stressing.

Sucks I know. Then again I'd rather be happy to have found the bug than someone else while playing. Wish I could create a patch maker or something that automatically updates the file when/if I add new content to it. Atleast then they aren't downloading 10mb+ everytime for a fix.

Anyway I posted my entry on my booth website, in downloads section. I say by the end of the day it will be replaced with a new one(since I'm going to be playtesting/bugfixin for 5+ hours)

EDIT

and whadda know, already found some problems, although very minor. I forgot to include the controls.txt, and need to change some dialog parts. other then that I think it's a go.

Not too happy about the framerate right now, though. It's not awful - I think it's smoother than Mecha Madness - but it's still low, and I've done everything I can (within the SAGE timeframe, at least) to make sure it's as smooth as possible.

I feel your pain. I had a smooth frame rate a few days ago with my game. But I started to add higher resolution textures and extra details... which caused the frame rate to suffer. I know I could fix it if I had the time, but like you said, there's less than 24 hours left.

13 Hours!!! Can you Feel the POWAH?!!!

I'll be closely monitoring my server and making sure everyone's booths are working...

So to all who are being hosted by me, if you have any last minute questions, fixes, changes, bugs, problems etc... Now's the time to ask...

Sexy as fuck, Blue Frenzy. I'm even more excited for this than I am for SFA.

Guys, if the pictures don't show up, quote his post and copy/paste the link into your browsers.

I'm a bit surprised Smidge still has yet to post anything on the front page. Even just a "hey SAGE is coming in x days" would be nice.

See, this is why I keep asking Smidge to give Brad and me the ability to update the site. :tbored:

Dwell dwell sad sad sad dwell dwell boo hoo sad

You'll get your fix somewhere else, as Overbound put it.

*Sniff* I'll cry about! *runs away and falls over nothing*

Ah well, there's ProSonic. And Nexus. And Nitemare's Mario game.

And many other awesome games that the creators didn't decide to hype and wanted to surprise us at the Show...

Actually, everybody, aside from Sonic Revolution (which is made of hype), I don't think anybody here hyped their game up that much and we either laid low or simply didn't say anything. I'm going in rather cold for every game that I see registered (sans Megamix , Mecha Madness, and TFH).

I know that I barely did anything leading up to this show, comparatively to last year. The only promotional thing that I did was giving a screenshot to Shadix and plonking some footage into the promo video.