A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SAGE 2008 - That's a WRAP!!

Guest Shadix

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shadix

No Neohazard you are, I've gotten you written down on the shows to schedule list. We're still scheduling big acts so besides SG's and DB's show I haven't really figured out safe timeslots to give everybody.

Guest Shadix
Well I was going to offer to organize it if no one else was.

The way the booths are going to work, "Best In Show" is kindof irrelevant.

Not to mention it's the number one cause of post-SAGE drama, so I'm not going to even touch that crap. I may have Best of catagory awards, but we are not touching best all around.

I don't know, the first year it was done there was a huge argument between Time Twisted and Nexus for second place. But the second year there was not any drama at least none related to the Best of Show award. At any rate if I ran the Best of Show I would do it in a fair way and Sonic Time Twisted would not be eligible because I would be running it. If you want to talk about it more PM me. I for one think its a good addition to Sage and kind of motivates people to make really good games.

I am totally open to running this myself and if you don't want to touch it I can take care of it all. All I need is the go ahead from you. We could have banner awards for winners and if it got out of hand we could just ban the nasty posts. I honestly just believe that the Best in Show award is the perfect companion award for Sage and I will deal with the bull shit (if there is any this year) if no one else wants too.

I'm really interested in talking about this more but its probably not something that needs to be talked about in the forum anymore. If you or anyone at SFGHQ is interested in me doing this just PM me. Otherwise if no one contacts me I will just consider it a no, and I will not bring up the best in show award again. But I really think that would be a waste. Sure there is the SSA awards and the SWA but who better the pick the best fan game of the year then us?

Yeah, last year, I just handed guidelines to the three judges and said, "have at it." It was pretty simple and there was no fight over it, so I wouldn't call it the "number one" cause.

The way the booths are going to work, "Best In Show" is kind of irrelevant.

How are the booths going to work anyway?

---

Finally, for the record, I have a no fight contingency plan in place. I'm not fighting, you're not fighting, we're not fighting. It's just plain embarrassing and I've learned my lesson from the past two years of being apart of it.

Guest Shadix
Yeah, last year, I just handed guidelines to the three judges and said, "have at it." It was pretty simple and there was no fight over it, so I wouldn't call it the "number one" cause.

How are the booths going to work anyway?

---

Finally, for the record, I have a no fight contingency plan in place. I'm not fighting, you're not fighting, we're not fighting. It's just plain embarrassing and I've learned my lesson from the past two years of being apart of it.

I thought you were the one advising against Best Of. >.>

Guest Shadix

Alright guys I have some jobs if any of you wish to contribute something:

----

-Workshop Coordinators-

Design and coordinate a workshop!

-Booth Templates-

To help make things easier for people who need a booth setup quickly, just some simple HTML pages with thematic elements will work. It'll be incredibly easy when attached to SSBFalcon's hosting offer.

-SAGE IRC Trivia Bot Question Contributions-

I used to have a bot with quite a few questions on it, but I have since formatted my hard drive. Everyone can contribute to this. I want to have a prize for trivia results.

Send your questions or compile a txt and send it to me!

Experimental Positions:

-SRB2 Competition Overseer and Server Holder (and possibly WAD Designer)-

I want to hold an SRB2 Tournament, and we basically need a stable server to run on. In addition we need someone to keep track of the Bracket map until the victory. The prize is going to be pretty rad.

I expect to have 1-2 templates done by August 4th... The first is nearly done and should feature a fairly nifty gallery system where all you'd have to do is plop the images in a folder and it takes care of the rest...

I'm shooting for multiple gallery systems, including my custom one and a cover flow one but we'll see...

As they are heavily CSS based (verified in Firefox, IE, and Safari...), multiple color schemes for each should be dead simple...

As stated, I'll be offering hosting for whatever you need for SAGE, including as a mirror for your games.

Currently, I have 3 templates ready (or nearly ready) for you to use with more to come hopefully within the next week... If you would like one of these templates whether or not you want to use my hosting, just contact me via PM, email, or aim, or post it here.

You don't have to use the templates, as you get full FTP access...

arthur at pnmhq dot com is the preferred email... otherwise

ssbfalcon at gmail dot com

You'll get all the space you need. I can literally give 500MB per person if necessary... And you'll get a subdomain: yourchoiceofname.pnmhq.com and full FTP access...

So... templates so far - Keep in mind the first one is not complete (to my satisfaction anyway):

http://pnmhq.com/ssb/SAGE - This one features a dynamic gallery system. All you have to do is put your images in a folder and the booth takes care of the rest. This one is a bit more complicated to edit, but it's quite stylish...

There will be an alternate version using a coverflow like image gallery coming soon. Ask for that if you want it when you sign up for hosting...

http://pnmhq.com/ssb/SAGE2 - Simple, easy to edit template. Two color schemes currently: Deep Blue and Shadow the Hedgehog. But it's a very easy to edit template... Image gallery will be dynamic as well, and will also have a Coverflow gallery option.

All templates I create will be XHTML 1.0 Valid and CSS 2.1 Valid, and tested on IE, Opera, Safari, Firefox, and Konqueror.

If you have any questions or need any help with anything, Just send me a message...

Well, I finally got time to finish the Summer of Sonic promo video. I made it from 1 am to 5 am this morning, so I'm pretty fucked up right now.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V44FYZIF

It's 560 MB of high quality goodness for all those fancy TVs. I couldn't render in widescreen, because Vegas kept ruining the (sometimes, already poor) game footage. A low quality version will appear on the Sonic Show next Tuesday/Wednesday, so if you want to wait for that, I can't blame you.

If I didn't feature your game, don't get bent out of shape (also, I don't care). It was early this morning and people weren't online, so I could pester them for footage. Very few booths had demos up and Shadix hooked me up with whoever was ready to go. I also included that over-hyped Halo mod, because this thread is living proof that retards will run around, claiming that 3D fangames are God's gift to the forums.

Overbound: For some reason, the Time Twisted footage wouldn't cooperate. Believe it or not, the first clip of the game is the best capture that I got. The boss sequence ran the smoothest though. But hey, at least it's there on giant televisions for 500+ people to see.

EDIT: I just realized that I didn't put the date of the show anywhere in the video. Well, fuck. At least I gave them 1,000 pamphlets and a giant poster with the dates on it.

Overbound: For some reason, the Time Twisted footage wouldn't cooperate. Believe it or not, the first clip of the game is the best capture that I got. The boss sequence ran the smoothest though. But hey, at least it's there on giant televisions for 500+ people to see.

What? I never heard of this until now. That's fucking awesome thanks Brad.