A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SAGE 2008 - That's a WRAP!!

Guest Shadix

I'm going to assume there's no TFH footage in that. If you wanted some, I could've laid some rings and enemies out (though not the enemies I was planning to put in the level) earlier than I had planned.

I really, seriously do not mind, so don't take this as me whining or anything. I've actually been rather amused at the total lack of publicity TFH's had going in to SAGE and I'm eager to see the reactions once the show gets under way.

In some ways, I am purposely flying a little under the radar, given TFH's history of being overhyped.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to assume there's no TFH footage in that. If you wanted some, I could've laid some rings and enemies out (though not the enemies I was planning to put in the level) earlier than I had planned.

I ripped your "elephant" gameplay video from your Moddb page and threw it in there. It was the best looking footage out of the games that I had remaining. I didn't have a whole lot of footage to work with.

I agree with you on the "lay low" philosophy on publicity, because I have been doing the same. I really have no reason to hype anything up on my end. The only thing I'm really talking up is the show itself.

Serephim: I'm moving back to school the first day of SAGE, so ditto.

Hmmmm. How do you feel about that video being posted elsewhere, Slingerland? I'm wondering if it could get featured on Gametrailers.com - that would put it on the front page sidebar.

Or is this supposed to be exclusive to Summer of Sonic?

Also, yeah, having watched it, I wish you would've let me know. I would've made you a WIP build of the demo for you to cap video from.

Hmmmm. How do you feel about that video being posted elsewhere, Slingerland? I'm wondering if it could get featured on Gametrailers.com - that would put it on the front page sidebar.

If you can get it on the front page of GameTrailers, go for it. You'll have to add the date (Aug. 17th-24th) in the video description, because, again, I forgot to put it in the movie.

Or is this supposed to be exclusive to Summer of Sonic?

Go for it. I'm pretty much posting it everywhere. I decided to be impatient and post it on YouTube. It has been uploading for hours now.

Also, yeah, having watched it, I wish you would've let me know. I would've made you a WIP build of the demo for you to cap video from.

Again, I made it from 1-5 am this morning and nobody was online. I just took what I could get, brosky. Personally, I think the elephant video is great for the time being.

It's alright, but the low framerate bothers me. Oh well! You made due with what you had and it's better than nothing, right?

Yep. If I had more time, I would've gotten proper footage, but I'm making a game over here, so I've been extremely busy recently if you couple that with IRL shit.

To rectify any framerate concerns, I've been putting a note in the video description that "capturing may have caused framerate issues with the game footage and this video does not represent their actual, in-game performance."

DAMI, YOU TRAITOR!! ;_;

He was like...with me since the beginning. 2006's Cosmic Chaos wouldn't have flippers without him.

(Side note: goddamn, the youtube upload is taking forever!)

There. Uploading to Gametrailers. This is what I wrote in the video description:

August 17th-24th. Video created by Slingerland.

Some 8 or so years ago, I (that is, BlazeHedgehog, Ryan, Me) created SAGE - the "Sonic Amateur Games Expo" - to bring more publicity to the friendlier side of "fangaming", as it's called. There are hundreds and thousands of horrible fan-made games, so I created SAGE to show the world that they didn't always have to be awful. Though I may have retired 5 years ago, SAGE continues to showcase the best of what the fangaming "scene" has to offer.

This year's SAGE looks to be one of the best yet, with some of the heaviest hitters in Sonic fangames showing their stuff - the video speaks for itself. In addition, expect special live chats with real game industry veterans like Chris Senn (Game Designer), Richard Jacques (Musician), plus Ryan Drummond and Mike Pollock (Voice Actors). Also expect concerts, game tournaments, and more.

And SAGE just isn't about Sonic, either. The "show floor" is open to any indie game developer who registers at the website before August 16th.

Remember when Sonic the Hedgehog used to be cool? So do we. Come check us out.

(Capturing may have caused framerate issues with the game footage and this video does not represent their actual, in-game performance.)

LQ SAGE '08 PROMO ON YOUTUBE!

About fucking time. Share with everybody you know. Vote five.

Hero Shadow (8:03:43 PM): Wow. Compression raped the hell out of that video. I came out somewhat dizzy.

CrazyMrBrad (8:04:26 PM): yes it did

Bahaha...

I just found the "watch in higher quality" link underneath the videos. That makes it look like it should!

BTW, I'm extremely jealous of Nexus right now.

DAMI, YOU TRAITOR!! ;_;

Actually, Dami is very little to thank for that footage outside of the art realm (aside from arranging some stuff). Instead we have a new mystery guy responsible.

We'll reveal our mystery guy during Sage :P

My role this time is just gimmicks, enemies, and bosses. I have less involvement in whats under the hood than in the last release.

Sweet!! Secret expo secrets!!

It's like E3 all over again, minus the "Oooohh Puppies!!!"

On a side note... Thanks to the new deadline I just might be able to recreate enough of "Rollout: Tentative Title" to at least show my face at SAGE with something fresh (since most of the stages are drawn out on paper anyway), along with posting a year old but tweaked Sonic's Vacation demo... (and remind everyone to take regular backups, or don't do excessive torrents on your main HDD...)

Sage looks to be turning out awesome this year. I've entered my game into it (Sonic Unleashed Advance) expect a playable build during SAGE. By the way, does anyone know when were supposed to get the email that says were in SAGE?

So if I see ANYONE with a freewebs booth...

Um...yea...about that:asweatdrop: .

Sage looks to be turning out awesome this year. I've entered my game into it (Sonic Unleashed Advance) expect a playable build during SAGE. By the way, does anyone know when were supposed to get the email that says were in SAGE?

Um...yea...about that:asweatdrop: .

PM me...