A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Unleashed

It's just my belief that some reviewers are bias. I trust Gamespot, but not any others. Put it this way, I'd rather trust someone from the Sonic community who's actually play all of Sonic past games. I don't read reviews, I'd rather try them out myself and see how I feel about the game.

Of course some reviewers are bias, that's why I trust them less and less (which is kinda ironic, since I write reviews myself =/ ), but you can't honestly expect to be able to try every single game, that's what reviews are for, so you know whether to waste your time on something or not.

Of course some reviewers are bias, that's why I trust them less and less (which is kinda ironic, since I write reviews myself =/ ), but you can't honestly expect to be able to try every single game, that's what reviews are for, so you know whether to waste your time on something or not.

Of course, but then again, most people play games they would like to play. I prefer RPGs, platformers, or shooters over anything else.

It's just my belief that some reviewers are bias. I trust Gamespot, but not any others. Put it this way, I'd rather trust someone from the Sonic community who's actually play all of Sonic past games. I don't read reviews, I'd rather try them out myself and see how I feel about the game.

Amen Azu, Amen.

from the time that I've pried myself from the lich kings hellishly tight grip and played Sonic Unleashed, I actually love the game a lot. The speed levels are a fucking blast, I played the ice level at least 5 times already and I haven't even progressed that far storlyline wise. The werehog stages i still think don't belong in the game at all, but whatever, it's a weird change of pace, not a horrible one, they could've just as well used knuckles for these stages.

I've beaten the game already and I'm now working on the achievements. I gotta say this takes the cake as my favorite 3D sonic game and neck to neck to my all time favorite Sonic game, Sonic CD. I wish the reviews were better though, it seems the the game is getting alot of undeserved bashing... Sure, I rather play as Sonic then the Werehog, but the Werehog's stages aren't that bad...

The video review on IGN for the game bashed it heavily, and called it complete garbage. From what I've read, the game wasn't THAT bad at all, and a step in the right direction. I do love his quote though when he said "Take out all the night werehog levels and leave it as a 3 hour game, and it wouldn't be that bad... infact, it would be a pretty good game."

We aaaaalways say Sonic Team will learn from their mistakes, and I was totally against Unleashed since the start. But I think that they're actually trying this time, and with all the shitty reception for the werehog, the next sonic title... besides the shitty sword one... might finally put our fanbase back on the map.

I do love his quote though when he said "Take out all the night werehog levels and leave it as a 3 hour game, and it wouldn't be that bad... infact, it would be a pretty good game."

That's awful. I'd never buy any game that wasn't a fighting game if it only lasted 3 or less hours. I could watch a couple of movies in that amount of time and get a lot more enjoyment, without any of the interaction. -_-;

SEGA's been taking the right mindset, in that Sonic needs to evolve beyond the 3 hour thrill ride the Genesis games were. They just haven't had very good ideas on how to go about that.

SEGA's been taking the right mindset, in that Sonic needs to evolve beyond the 3 hour thrill ride the Genesis games were. They just haven't had very good ideas on how to go about that.

Hah, yeah, I don't think that 30 minute werehog levels is the right way to go about that though.

I haven't actually played the game yet. I refuse to buy it, or rent it even. If someone I know has it, I'll check it out, but I refuse to pay one penny for any new Sonic game anymore. Not until I see drastic improvement. And don't get me wrong, I certainly see some improvement - but they still have almost everything I dislike about the direction Sonic has taken.

Hah, yeah, I don't think that 30 minute werehog levels is the right way to go about that though.

Agreed. I have the 360 version and the werehog levels just plain out suck. They're a chore once you get to the hordes of enemies, in which other than force you to mash buttons at will, slow the game down significantly. However, it's not a bad idea entirely--It just needed more polishing before the game got rushed out.

I haven't actually played the game yet. I refuse to buy it, or rent it even. If someone I know has it, I'll check it out, but I refuse to pay one penny for any new Sonic game anymore. Not until I see drastic improvement. And don't get me wrong, I certainly see some improvement - but they still have almost everything I dislike about the direction Sonic has taken.

From what I've heard from most people, Wii/PS2 versions are pretty much good for a main series Sonic game, whereas the 360/PS3 versions are at least doing better than the last next gen outing, Sonic 06. Being an owner of the 360 version, I recommend that Sega continues with the Hedgehog Engine, and improves it for use in a more exhilarating game: A Sonic game that plays like daytime, all the time. And perhaps we could see the Engine do 50fps or better? I'm not a fan of 30fps Sonic games, Sonic R being the exempt title from my disliking of these slow games.

That's awful. I'd never buy any game that wasn't a fighting game if it only lasted 3 or less hours. I could watch a couple of movies in that amount of time and get a lot more enjoyment, without any of the interaction. -_-;

I'd prefer 3 hours of high quality consistent action to 30 hours of hub worlds and miscellaneous trinket hunting. Fact is, you have to give a lot up if you want to extend the life of a game. Considering how much work goes into a good Sonic game that takes only an hour or two to beat, the amount of work that would go into an equally condensed Sonic game that takes 30 hours to beat would be phenomenal.

12-20 hours is fairly reasonable. And replay value can mean longer main gameplay or a few minigames and extra features on the side. There's flexibility. Just something that will make me want to play the game more than twice and not just bargain it after. I mean, it certainly couldn't be a Marvel Vs Capcom 2 or a Halo 3 in terms of longevity, but it needs something. Even games like the Spyro series beat the franchise in that aspect.

Well, there's something that I liked about having more than just Sonic playable. You got to keep the same, speedy levels, but playing as a different character was enough to stretch the game out more without forced long levels. You can't tell me that you hated beating Sonic 3&K with all three characters.