A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Unleashed

The Wii version of this game doesn't really feel like a typical Sonic game. Sonic's levels are amazingly fast, but his controls are slippery at times. Overall, the Sonic stages are great, yet feel shorter than other Sonic games.

The Werehog stages...Should I even start. They are abnormally longer than Sonic's stages, and you seem to play as the werehog more than regular Sonic. The fighting system is great, but again, slippery controls. I feel as though this game is 70% Werehog, and only 30% Sonic. The game might as well have been called Sonic's Overly Long Werehog Adventure Minus Sonic. Overall, it's a new Sonic experience, and can be very fun at times, but the Werehog stages really take away from the games funness at times. I hope the 360 version is drastically different, cause I might just get that version when it comes out and compare the two.

Yes, you don't like the game. You have made that very, very, very clear.

I wasn't saying that doofy, I was saying that references don't make the game. Get it straight. They don't even indicate an understanding of what the fans want. They just put up this nostalgic facade, and facades to me are pretty useless.

@Power:

Why on Earth am I not surprised to hear about another Sonic game with slippery controls?

Heh heh... Just got this game today. (360 version, Power Hedgehog. It has more levels.) Let me be the first to say that it's awesome. For all of you bitchers out there, at least play it first. My only complaint is that you spend more time playing the Werehog than I'd like. But oh well. The game is incredibly polished. It's glitch-free so far, and I haven't had any camera issues at all. That's right, folks. A 3D Sonic game with a good camera. The controls DO feel slippery at first, but that's not the case after you've played for a while. It's just getting used to the high speed in this game that makes it feel slippery.

I know someone has asked this before, so I'll answer it. There are two Sonic acts for each level, and one Werehog act. The werehog acts are longer, though. About 10-20 minutes usually, when Sonic levels are about 5-10 minutes long. This is just so far, though. I haven't even come close to beating the game yet.

Oh, and getting medals isn't a hard task at all. They're everywhere.

As far as I have heard, the Wii version has more motion controls, and people say that adds "depth" to it. It's hub worlds are text based, and it's missing two zones, though.

DW: You listened to the reviewers when they gave it negative comments when you know they never beat the game. Hell, most of them weren't given a full game. But you're going to sit here and ignore my few-hour review because it's actually positive? Yes, that makes sense.

Spike, I'm curious to see any backing evidence to your claims. DW, there is a possibility that someone possesses the mental state to actually enjoy Unleashed.

Alright, now before anyone else makes the same claims, I challenge you that. If you want to put out a review of this game, fine. If you want to chastise other reviews for ridiculous reasons, go somewhere else. Its quite obvious this is one of the most polarizing Sonic games since Heroes, so just jive with others opinions and move on.

As for me, PS3 version doesn't come out until mid december, and I'm going to be too busy playing P4 and working on finals to actually care enough to go to BlockBuster to rent this. Although, how much pointing is in the Wii version? My sensor bar is missing. If I can get by with a GameCube controller, I might check out the Wii version, just for comparison purposes.

Well, feel free to see the backing whenever you get it. I'm confident that you guys will enjoy this one.

Oh yeah, something else I forgot to say earlier. Low load times. A very pleasant change from Sonic 2K6. The only load time that bothers me is when you manually transform into the Werehog. Otherwise, they're kept to a minimum.

Well, feel free to see the backing whenever you get it. I'm confident that you guys will enjoy this one.

Don't even pull that shit. Because as soon as one of us says "I didn't like it" you'll jump our asses with claims we're saying it just to spite you.

You act as if I'm the only one who does that.

Wait, have I done that? No. I tend to steer clear of topics on this forum about new games. It's all negative PMSing. Even if I did complain about this before, when have I claimed that you were only saying you hated the game because you didn't care for me? Never. You've got nothing to base that bullshit on.

So far, I've only gotten peeved because of the endless bitching from people who haven't even PLAYED it. Everyone assumes that because it's a new Sonic game it HAS to be horrible, and thus we end up with 50 pages of "I hate you Sega! *cut cut cut*"

And you have no proof to claim any reviews are biased or unfinished. Or basically anything you said! If you don't like the topics stay out of them! This is a Sonic game, the negativity is expected and probably well justified. Full circle!

I'm going to rent the Wii version tonight if its available. And if I do not like it, please explain your guarantee.

And geez Spike, why so serious? Its so painfully obvious I'm trolling you.

Yes, but trolling gets old. Pretty much all that's on the internet anymore.

Logged another hour or two into the game. It hasn't lost it's spark yet. The cartoony cut-scenes are amazingly well done and charming little things. You can tell a lot of effort was put into them.

I just got my copy of the ps2 version a few hours ago (walmart ftw) I'm enjoying it a lot too. I actually like the werehog levels more than the sonic ones. The werehog levels are just fun platforming beat em up stages. My only complaint is that it's missing the hub version from the 360/ps3 versions. But whatever it's still a fun game.

Yes, but trolling gets old. Pretty much all that's on the internet anymore.

Logged another hour or two into the game. It hasn't lost it's spark yet. The cartoony cut-scenes are amazingly well done and charming little things. You can tell a lot of effort was put into them.

Yeah the cutscenes are well done. They have a saturday morning cartoon feel to them.