A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Unleashed

http://gonintendo.com/?p=59739

Here also...

Just more proof of what I had been seeing in this game all along...

It just never changes. It just keep cycling through the same non-level-specific gimmicks that it's been cycling through since Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes (the really generic ones like the wind up handles and the rings that launch you forward), copious amounts of grinding, and that one gimmick from Sonic Rush adventure and it does them throughout every stage. No change. No evolution. Just stagnancy.

That right there is why Sonic is never going to be a good franchise again. A complete unwillingness to vary up the experience, instead preferring to tack on a new mechanic rather than a new gimmick, new enemy, new layout, new whatever.

Business as usual for SEGA.

In the end, it takes more than a series of loops, dash pads, their aerial cousin in ring form, and a fuckton of grinding rails to make a platform game that doesn't suck cock.

Thankfully it's a short film. I mean, the animation is really awesome stuff, but wasted on something like Werehog. Sonic games always have good CGs...why couldn't they invest time and money like that in just making the games better or something? Graaah

Thankfully it's a short film. I mean, the animation is really awesome stuff, but wasted on something like Werehog. Sonic games always have good CGs...why couldn't they invest time and money like that in just making the games better or something? Graaah

Didn't you see the end? It says full length movie coming November :E