A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

RAGE 2008 NOW Open!

RAGE 2008 IS LIVE!

Go there and play crap!

Let's all look at the calendar for the first time ever:

http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=18&day=2008-5-30&c=1

Yes, that is correct. Platform Movement Day is back and so is its accompanying showcase of suck, the Really Amateur Games Expo (RAGE). This thread serves as a reminder that your shitty Sonic games are due on May 30th, so that you can plan your schedule accordingly in order to create the biggest turd of a game ever.

Please don't forget the requirement for this year: a hilariously bad fancharacter. He/she can be the main character and playable, in a supporting role as an NPC, or however you see fit to include him/her/it.

Once you are done, e-mail your entry in a ZIP file. ZIP FILE. The address you should e-mail to is [email protected] and please only send the executable and any extensions that are required to play the game. I don't want the project file. DON'T FORGET A 64x64 ICON!

So, now that you know all about the event, get to sucking.

Well, thing is, I DO know ClickTeam - I've had The Games Factory for ages. I dabbled with MMF2's demo, too, but I'm too lazy to go out and buy it - not to mention, I find that just programming in C gets you a LOT more control over what the hell's going on in your program (for better and worse).

Besides, in C you can randomly throw a SIGSEGV whenever you want! :D

Can I make a Flash fangame for RAGE? It's time for me try something crappy like "BrazShadow" (that BrazSonic rip-off from Knucis)

What do you guys not get about this?:

Use anything, as long as it resembles a Sonic game.

Seriously. Please read.

• 2 weeks later...