A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I'm Back, and I'm Kicking Bottom

DragonXVI

Awesome, the return of a legend. Welcome back to Sonic Fangames HQ :D I never talked to you (AFAIR), but I've heard about you. Seeing how you have so much knowledge on game development, I'll make sure to ask you for advice, specially on managing some of the 3D engine aspects.

Have fun! :)

Oh wow... Red... it's been... forever...

It was Thirdscape and MADventure (and also When Tails Gets Bored) that got me to join the community.

I don't remember how much at all you might have known me then... (it was back in my green chicken days when I went by Shadow Sonic Beta... I miss that sprite recolor...)

But I always loved your stuff...

Soo... uhh.... is "MADventure Forever" done yet?

Wow Epon, that brings back a lot of good memories :P Still think Pirate Gerald deserves his own game...

I'll try my best to offer any advice on 3D engines, I'm not 100% master of them yet, but I've worked with Ogre and various others so anything I can learn is also handy :P

That's not actually too bad a remix, and the theme for STA is probably still one of my favourites

Edit: After having a little think about things, I'm fairly certain that any serious dedication into Sonic Fangames will take a while - Partially because I spend most of my days making games, coming home to make more games is a little taxing on the brian :P

So, for everybody wanting more MAdventure, you will probably have to wait quite a while (Granted that's pretty much standard waiting time around here :P ) because as it stands I have nothing, and I'm not too keen on sitting down and re-learning MMF or GM7. I'll fiddle about with things here and there, but don't expect to see results for a looong time (I'm writing this engine from pretty much scratch as a learning experience, so I've no sound, physics and only basic Texture and Math support just now).

There is, however, something I wouldn't mind having a reason to pick up, and that's Music.

You really should pick up music again. You covered so many styles in Time Attacked, from the techno title screen theme to the Irish bagpipe style in undisturbed paradise. You could collaborate with people here if you don't want to make a game yourself.

It's good to have you around though. Even if you can't find the time to do any productive work, I hope you don't leave too soon. Jamie Bailey popped in a couple times but not too recently, and he didn't make more than a couple posts before slipping away again. Speaking of him, do you two still keep in touch?

I, however, refuse to either kiss his ass or suck his dick.

Welcome back, Red. You're one of the people who's come through the community that is compositionally competent. Good to see things are doing well for you.

Oh wow... Red... it's been... forever...

It was Thirdscape and MADventure (and also When Tails Gets Bored) that got me to join the community.

I don't remember how much at all you might have known me then... (it was back in my green chicken days when I went by Shadow Sonic Beta... I miss that sprite recolor...)

But I always loved your stuff...

Soo... uhh.... is "MADventure Forever" done yet?

Haha, WTGB. That was such a good game. Didn't Matt also do a sequel?

LARGE SAUSAGE ROLL!

Er... I mean

RED!

Good to see you again, well, your username(s), text, images and everything else you come as through my PC monitor. *Get's decked by Red* Ow, yeah, that too.

Indeed I was very lucky to have you create excellent music for STA (as well as Blaze's work on the cut-scenes, and many people willing to allow the use of their furries), and hope to see any more games and music you may produce.

I've been wondering what happened to you for ages. I keep looking in here every so often and even though I've only psoted on the rarest of occasions and am not reallly up to date on things, I still don't think of myself as ever having left this place. So I've been a bit of a lurker I suppose.

Lurker to the point I thought I was registered on here, but no, but I am now, because of you Red. Because of you, my complete and utter stupidity is once again unleashed on these poor people. Well done! n00bs stand back, way back, my stupidity may just be enough to kill someone!

And I cant reply to private messages until after I make 10 posts? Someone needs to be decked... I bet it's the admins ABUUSIGN TA PWOAR74. *Egg frog twizzled by admins*

No! Run Jamie! They'll want Time Attacked 2! :P

Awesome to see you around the place again though. To this day you're probably still responsible for the most addictive fangame ever made here.

I spent about an hour running around Waffle X's face collecting sausage rolls thanks to you :P