A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mark and Dami's little experiment

Ehh...the current one's better. The spikes look wrong, somehow. You should at least fix the arms to not bow out that much.

Once again,

k. Shoot me good if i'm missing anything stupidly obvious, but i'm not finding the config.xml file, nor where you're supposed to enable gamepads. What de hellz? Did I get the wrong download?

The torso beats dami's, and you got the shoe buckles, but his still looks more attractive.

@ Slinger: trying too hard to nail a specific "oldskool" (talk about amibguous) result will undoubtedly make for an awkward model. All that matters is making something that flows smoothest when you play it. To that end, y'all should try modelling a design from the current Sonic too, see which works better.

Now, anyone have any idea why I wouldn't get a config.xml file with my download?

trying too hard to nail a specific "oldskool" (talk about amibguous) result will undoubtedly make for an awkward model. All that matters is making something that flows smoothest when you play it.

No, that's totally wrong. They are going for a 3D oldschool Sonic. And who says designing a 3D oldschool Sonic will always be akward? There is nothing in his old design that limits you from turning him 3D.

To that end, y'all should try modelling a design from the current Sonic too, see which works better.

Again, no. That's not what they are going to do. Just learn what you are talking about before you say it.

Not me. (read: way to put words in my mouth.)
trying too hard to nail a specific "oldskool" (talk about amibguous) result will undoubtedly make for an awkward model

I was going to apologize for sounding like a butthole in that post, but not anymore. You clearly said that. Right there.

(read: way to be a smartass)

I was going to apologize for sounding like a butthole in that post, but not anymore. You clearly said that. Right there.

(read: way to be a smartass)

Sorry you're getting it then. Slinger was basically "no no oldschool Sonic is like (X) not (X)". Pinpoint accuracy is one thing, making something that will work well enough is another.