A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mark and Dami's little experiment

I kinda still prefer the original myself, as I already told to The Taxman. But in the end, we'll be defining animations through external files, so we can probably have multiple skins if people wants that...

(Also, if I had to select a model for the game, that'd be SefirotDB's old school models, that are based on the Sonic Jam character concept art =D)

Well, I liked your model, but I always kinda liked the newer look, so I abstained from saying anything.

That said, we really don't need another one and all it would really help with is providing another feature more than anything else, so your efforts really are better spent with RSXG. Thanks for helping.

I am not sure if the test has been posted(too many to look through), but from what Dami showed me.... damn. This thing is amazingly impressive ^_^ I especially want to give kudos for the model. My only suggestion is not to let the camera look upwards while running fast by default(you can't see turns on hlls and its kind of annoying), and maybe a slight push in the direction of the loop?(I know it seems too easy this way, but honestly you lose a lot of speed trying to direct Sonic on them :B). Not to downplay the technical godliness of this. I would say *in my humble opinion(!)*, Sega would have benefited from doing anything remotely similar to this(instead of the 3D engine in Sonic Jam, Sonic Adventure, etc) :P... *ends rant* Thank you guys :D I hope when I start studying Software Eng. Later this year I can get to or surpass this level of stuff. Perhaps one day >.<

I am not sure if the test has been posted(too many to look through), but from what Dami showed me.... damn. This thing is amazingly impressive ^_^ I especially want to give kudos for the model. My only suggestion is not to let the camera look upwards while running fast by default(you can't see turns on hlls and its kind of annoying), and maybe a slight push in the direction of the loop?(I know it seems too easy this way, but honestly you lose a lot of speed trying to direct Sonic on them :B). Not to downplay the technical godliness of this. I would say *in my humble opinion(!)*, Sega would have benefited from doing anything remotely similar to this(instead of the 3D engine in Sonic Jam, Sonic Adventure, etc) :P... *ends rant* Thank you guys :D I hope when I start studying Software Eng. Later this year I can get to or surpass this level of stuff. Perhaps one day >.<

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3939

kthx

--

Sega is better at EVERYTHING when it comes to sonic games, seriously. The only thing they lack is a deisgner and writer who isnt fucking retarded and some better work ethics/budget control. I dont think they realize that they have completely demolished any and all of that creditablity they used to have so much of. Every game they have created since SA2 has had the potental to be awesome, but the direction they take just completely kills it, and they keep doing worse.

This is most apparent if you compare the works of Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe. In the end, Phantasy Star Universe costed far more money to produce, but the money they spent when they created PSO was put to far better use. Too much to go into on this already Derailed topic, but you get it.

This engine is an amazing base, and i cant wait to see what it can do. But i really dont believe 2 to 5 people can outdo about 20 to 40.