A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the hedgehog:Emerald Chaos: STARTING FROM SCRATCH

sonic101

• 4 weeks later...

Well I did some work on the game, added in a new gimic for stage , a little electric thing that zaps electricity back and forth. Also built a bit more on to the first act of that stage. Almost ready to start act 2. Sorry the updates are so slow, its just I work a lot and soon I'm going back to school so things are gonna be nuts for a while. I'm gonna be really bummed out if by next SAGE I dont have anything new to offer other then the first act of stage 5...

Sup, I heard alot about your game, I'll give it a go right now, I can't sleep for sh!t. =P

EDIT: But I am starting to get tired now, so I'll comment on it later on.

Awesome! So what have you heard? LOL. Anyway I'm just about to test the stuff I just added to act 1 of stage 5 (Junkyard Albatross), Think im almost ready to finish of that act and start act 2. Should I upload a new version with just act 1 or wait untill I've completed the full stage 5?

Awesome! So what have you heard? LOL. Anyway I'm just about to test the stuff I just added to act 1 of stage 5 (Junkyard Albatross), Think im almost ready to finish of that act and start act 2. Should I upload a new version with just act 1 or wait untill I've completed the full stage 5?

I read the topic, the screenshots looked cool.

Now I tried to play the game and in unexpected error showed up while the game was loading, so I couldn't play I'm sorry to say. X_X

"Should I upload a new version with just act 1 or wait untill I've completed the full stage 5?"

It's up to you. Good luck.

I read the topic, the screenshots looked cool.

Now I tried to play the game and in unexpected error showed up while the game was loading, so I couldn't play I'm sorry to say. X_X

"Should I upload a new version with just act 1 or wait untill I've completed the full stage 5?"

It's up to you. Good luck.

Do you get that error everytime you try to play?

oh and here's a couple new screenies, not much to show really, but i did complete act 1 of stage 5.

The new electric zappy gate thing.

jya02.jpg

I also added in a shockwave effect to the bumpers cuz it looks badda55.

jya03.jpg

I tried at least three times, I would of posted to tell you sooner but I fell asleep.

*Looks at screenshots*

Nice screens! I'm lovin' that stage design.

It incorperates multiple paths too so that should make a few people happy lol. I guess I could up load it, perhaps this release will alow you to play.

Here's beta 240

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6NGMU31W

• 4 weeks later...

Finnaly I could download the beta, so let me start.

I had fun playing, I liked the level design (it's simple, but challenging), the habilities, the background mix; but I noticed some bugs like collisions (getting stuck in the ceiling, and doesn't changing the failing animation when Sonic lands, for a little), I got destroyed the first boss with only one hit o.O, and the old characters sprites combined with new characters original ones make me had a strange impression(a 16 bit sonic with an original shadow sprites) and it's a bit heavy and runs with some slowdowns on my pc(650 mhz, don't worry it doesn't matter).

Well, your project is very interesting even without a 360 engine, having nice and challenging levels (looks to the 2-3 one) we have more fun.

Good job!

• 1 month later...

sigh, looks fine to me. but visuals never were anything i gave a rats arse about. And to be fair I've seen a crap load of games on here with the most purtid sprite an tile set up that resembled something an atari shat out after having coffee spilled on its circuit boards and no one complained about those.

Two things that bother me: The buzzsaw is just Silver Sonic. The trash is just repeated Egg-Robos over and over.

Otherwise, looks better than most fangames out there. (Jeeze, you've been working on this zone since the proboards)

Two things that bother me: The buzzsaw is just Silver Sonic. The trash is just repeated Egg-Robos over and over.

Otherwise, looks better than most fangames out there. (Jeeze, you've been working on this zone since the proboards)

indeed the buzz saw is onlya temporary sprite for now until i get a decent saw, like the one from sonic 1. and I plan to grab various other things to throw into those pikles besides the eggrobos, they just make it easy cuz its that junk heep at the end of sonic and knuckles. it's taken so long for me to do this game cuz i lead a very very busy life with school, my job and practice with my band. I've been at this game for nearly 4 years now, its become one of those thigns that i just have to do, ive got to finish it if its the only thing i ever finish in life it has to be done , im sure it'll take another 4 years but i want to finish it. what ever it may end up as int he end i dunno but still. i plan to get it there.

Dont loving listen to anyone complaining in this thread, this game looks so old-school Sonic fan game that it's giving me an erection.

keep it up

Will do, but be forewarned, if you havent played the previous demos of this this game does not use a 360 engine, I started it long before i ever knew of damizean's brilliance. I would have incorperated it but then to me at least i wouldnt have felt like my game but someone elses. i wanted to make it all by myself. ANyway I've got much to do for the game and it isnt goign to make itself so i best get crackin !