A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic the hedgehog:Emerald Chaos: STARTING FROM SCRATCH

sonic101

Either way, they caught my attention.

Link is broken.

I doubt it is, because he said that he wouldn't stretch the tiles again, and according to Sonic101, it IS the resolution, in which I stated.

you can kinda see in my sprite sheets and editor screen shot above . it is grainy tho.

Well, you have some collission issues. For example, if you are running on a left wall, sonic is half inside the wall. Also, and the begguest problem was after the spring in the push rock section, I got stuck on the ceiling.

As said before acceleration is excesively high. I think that if you fix it you will have most of the problems fixed, like when jumping and going on opposite direction or if you are hitting a wall holding right and when no wall is found sonic quickly regain speed.

Also spining is wrong. It seems when holding down you just stop, even if you are jumping. You should only aply it when walking on the ground.

I hope it helps-

Well, you have some collission issues. For example, if you are running on a left wall, sonic is half inside the wall. Also, and the begguest problem was after the spring in the push rock section, I got stuck on the ceiling.

As said before acceleration is excesively high. I think that if you fix it you will have most of the problems fixed, like when jumping and going on opposite direction or if you are hitting a wall holding right and when no wall is found sonic quickly regain speed.

Also spining is wrong. It seems when holding down you just stop, even if you are jumping. You should only aply it when walking on the ground.

I hope it helps-

The spinning, are you refering to the animation? I don't seem to have any problems when I play other then his animation stops animating sometimes.

Hey slingerland does this grass look any better, it still looks a bit pixelated...

its a moch up but yeah.... is this better or no?

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/sonic101/newgrasscheck.png[/qimg]

It's slightly better. But as Serephim...I think this is a lost cause.

But I don't know why there's a random Green Hill indenture overlapping a bunch of tiles popping out towards the sceen.

But I don't know why there's a random Green Hill indenture overlapping a bunch of tiles popping out towards the sceen.

Because some people can't be bothered to put effort into sprites, since it bores them out of their minds.

I know that's MY reason for not picking up Photoshop and doing my own dirty work.

Oh ok:

On-topic: Fix your background.

There.

Wroking on that, I re cut out the checkered pattern as best I could and I used the newer grass I did in the moch up just cuz I like the way it looks. there isnt going to be much I can really do about the pixelation, that in itself is a lost cuase..... But id rather finish this off so I can get back to fixing those glitches with movement.