A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Retro-Sonic (PC Version NOW AVAILABLE, Read first post)

The Taxman

Hey everyone, my (rather hastily produced) booth is up for those who want to look at it. Like most games at SAGE, the old Wednesday release seems the go.

More info and a video at the booth.

http://rsonic.randomsonicnet.org/index.html

Cheers,

-Taxman

EDIT: Ok, I've had enough... here's a release. I don't really have enough energy to say what's there and what's not. There'll probably be a few bugs somewhere, Egg Garden isn't 100% complete (there's still another enemy and gimmick or two I want in there, Act 2 is still kinda strange in a way) but you can finish the levels at least.

-Play Emerald Hill by going to the custom levels menu.

-You can enable the debug mode/menu by pressing up,up,down,down,left,right,left,right at the Taxman Presents screen

-Music is only temporary really

-D is the key for jump (think A,S,D for A,B,C like in an emulator for example)

-Mac OSX Version coming soon

Anyway, Enjoy!

(Comments?)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will both the devkits for mac and PC be able to produce multiplatform builds or is it just that the devkits will be able to build for their own platforms? This looks mad sexy Taxman. I can't wait to play around with it.

Oh, one other thing, does that Musrhoom Hill zone gimmick where you pull down on the lifting mechanism thingy allow for partial pulling or is it still unfinished? I ask because you only did full pulls every time.

Will both the devkits for mac and PC be able to produce multiplatform builds or is it just that the devkits will be able to build for their own platforms? This looks mad sexy Taxman. I can't wait to play around with it.

Oh, one other thing, does that Musrhoom Hill zone gimmick where you pull down on the lifting mechanism thingy allow for partial pulling or is it still unfinished? I ask because you only did full pulls every time.

Lemme response instead of The Taxman. The devkit produces platform-independant files, so you should be able to play on any build. As for the gimmick, yeah, it allows partial pulling. It's pretty well constructed and real to the original gimmick.

I'm still trying to decide witch is better: the game or the development kit. Both are awesome!

You're my inspiration Tax, forever!

I'm just going to tell you right now, the fact that its a development kit is the best part. I love how that crazy hammer-armed boss is looking and the graphical effects look pretty sweet, but the game isn't half the draw for me that the SDK is. I'm pretty sure thats what the emphasis of the project is on too.