A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Old screenshot thread.

Asuma

Not Sonic related. I was trying to do a Halloween project, but... well, let's just say some personal problems arose earlier this month (I don't really want any sympathy from you guys on it, so I'm just gonna keep quiet about it).

Anyway. It was going to be a Castlevania fangame. I was hoping to have at least a demo out by last night... er, well, the 31st, anyway, but I couldn't even manage that. Now I'm not even sure if it'll end up out before the end of the week. Typical Blaze, right? (75% of Shadow of Chaos is complete and it's been over a year on that!)

So yeah. You came here for screenshots, not exposition. These are from various stages in development:

level1_part1.png

level1_part2.png

level1_part3.jpg

level1_boss.jpg

All of that is from level 1. Each level is divided into 3 sections, each section is a different sub-location. There will be 4 levels, should I actually get the damn thing done.

It's also worth mentioning that some of this lateness isn't my fault; one of the remixers I contacted (permission to use his music) hasn't gotten back to me yet.

No, because Russian isn't a core language taught in schools in Freedom Country. It's mostly the French (which I speak fluently - Dobey ^_^), the Spanish, and the German, with the occasional the Japanese.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to derail the topic. I was trying to figure out why he was all like "I'm lame...yaaaaa4ay!" To re-rail:

backontrack.gif

A little teaser of all the Nexus gimmicks to come to get the topic on track again. Here's the latest one to be finished: swinging platforms. With actual swing physics a la Marble Zone. The level is Sunset Shore (I know there's no sunset there...give it time).

omgswings.PNG

Ignore the smiley face. That was used to test positioning for the Metropolis style corkscrews (that will not be in this level). Also, DW and I need to find the best way to tweak the method so on the way down, swinging to the right (which this swing is in the pic), Sonic stays on the platform. He stays on, but he just floats upwards a little bit.

More assorted Sunset Shore pics:

sunsetshore119.PNG

OMG awesome

sunsetshore1192.PNG

OMG SAND SCULPTURE

sunsetshore1193.PNG

Ya, I know the HUDs behind the loop. Suck it.

b23f217a3080f910a72ea171f8b71665.gif

Nexus is pimp. Break it down, Kirby feat. Snoop Dogg

Hmmm the background seems odd due to how dark the greenary is, and then the foreground's grass brightness, the darkness of the mountains seem a tad odd to me. Although get that gimmick to work and it'll be pretty radical (yes my limited vocabulary strikes again!) so is that the only gimmick you have to show at the moment?

Oh and that loop looks awesome!