A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Anime

Its true. Golden Boy is awesome.

Besides that I have watched Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Evangelion, Outlaw Star, FLCL, Akira, Princess Mononoke, Lupin III, and Excel Saga.

Some of DB/DBZ/DBGT, Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, and some Gundam stuff.

I don't really remember most of the stuff I've watched. I'm sure theres more.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Andrew:

Have you read the Love Hina manga? It comes to a sure end there. Plus, they ran out of budget after episode 25 of the anime. They worked their asses off to make a few (Wierd looking) OVAs but even the OVA was cancelled due to a bad budget.There is an audio file of the final OVA floating around the net, though.

I'm normally not one to bitch about translating... But I would shoot myself in the face before I ever watched my beloved Love Hina in English again.

I own 1,2, 3 and 5.

Uh, there were two OVAs. The Christmas special and the Spring special. There may have been another that has slipped my mind.

-Rozen Maiden

-Azumanga Daioh

-Bleach *** has Soundtrack***

-Big O

-Trigun

-School Rumble *** has Soundtrack***

-Cowboy Bebop

-Evangelion

-Outlaw Star

-FLCL

-Princess Mononoke

-Lupin III

-Excel Saga. *** has Soundtrack***

-Galaxy Angel

-Full Metal Panic

I've seen a lot, but I cannot remember much.

Mobile Suit Gundam

Gundam 0080

Gundam 0083

Gundam: Char's Counterattack

Gundam Wing

G Gundam

Gundam Seed

Gundam Seed Destiny

Neon Genesis Evangelion (ending ruined series)

Cowboy Bebop

Fullmetal Alchemist

Outlaw Star

Ghost in the Shell

Ghost in the Shell 2 (sucked)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd Gig

Paranormal Agent

Princess Mononoke

Escaflone the Movie

I like Gundam

Bear in mind that Anime is just like any form of entertainment. I happen to injoy the visual stylings (much better than most western style animation, with notable exceptions of Don Bluth productions...) and stories, although stories are usually hit or miss.

I tend to enjoy things with a good balance of action and comedy, although "dark" or fanciful stories are also good sometimes. Anything "terrestrial high-tech" I'm all over (space travel is meh).

=Smidge=

I always start to type up a list, but then I get distracted....I'm just gonna shoot off a few that I really like, with a description of some of the weirder sounding stuff.

Bleach - is probably on the top of my list

Deathnote - either read the mangas, or watch the anime it is amazing

G gundam - GUNDAM FIGHT!

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Ghost in the shell SAC

Mai Hime and Mai Otome -very crazy series, I suggest you give at least Hime a watch

Code Geass - This one is currently airing in japan right now, and it's an insane mix of awesome Mech's and a guy who gains the power to control people once per person. I HIGHLY recommend you all watch this if you have the time.

Full Metal Alchemist

Tenjou Tenge

Dragonball Z - Of course I used to love it in my earlier days

Magical Lyrical Nanoha, A's, and Strikers - Nanoha is a short running series that is on it's 3rd season now (strikers). It stars a girl named nanoha who becomes a mage and ends up finding other mages who really don't like her...The battles are insane in this one. The original series and A's only last 13 episodes to fully complete their stories while strikers is just now airing with episode 6 subbed I believe, I suggest you give them a watch. (at first the series seems like a little kids show but they smack that notion with a fucking hammer)

Super Robot Taisen OG - yes they made an anime, and it's pretty good for fans of the game!

I will expand the list if I can think of anything else.

Bleach - is probably on the top of my list

Bleach has gone completely to hell ever since they started that filler arc. I was super-pissed to see the entirety of episode 124 adding in ridiculous filler and then more ridiculous filler based on references to their filler arc (which ended over 16 episodes ago and should never have been brought up again)

Seriously... they took what takes 1 minute to read in the manga and magically turned it into a 22 minute hallucinogenic cactus induced filler trip.

Oh, and then theres this:

kukluxquincy.jpg

This is why Bleach is doomed to never get into the filler arc in the US.

I'm really feeling out of the loop now. Having a dial-up connection and spending most of my time in front of a console kinda limits my exposure to anime, but I do have a list to post... it's just not much of one. O.o

Akira (The gem of my DVD collection)

Gundam Wing

Gundam 08th MS Team

X (Most of it, including bits and pieces of the movie)

Trigun (A bit of it, need to finish it)

Princess Mononoke (Most of it, my friend's girlfriend turned it off after he passed out. >.<)

Big O (Nearly all of it)

Yeah... I need to flesh this list out.... >.>

I think I found your problem, DW...

Bleach has gone completely to hell ever since they started that filler arc. I was super-pissed to see the entirety of episode 124 adding in ridiculous filler and then more ridiculous filler based on references to their filler arc (which ended over 16 episodes ago and should never have been brought up again)

Yeeeeaaaah...

=Smidge=

My friend has the Tenjou Tenge box set. I was thinking of borrowing/copying it. I here it's pretty good, and it seems interesting to me.

Well it starts off very well, and then after the 8th episode, it kicks into flashback for the rest of the series, which is kinda lame.

Seriously... they took what takes 1 minute to read in the manga and magically turned it into a 22 minute hallucinogenic cactus induced filler trip.

Uh, ep. 124 covers 2 entire chapters in the manga. I mean there is definitely filler, but they did faithfully cover 2 chapters in a standard length episode. And the hallucinations/hollow half stuff was quite interesting.

Ep. 124 was filler, but nothing like the Bounto arc.

Elfen Lied is the most amazing anime I've ever seen. Don't be put off by all the gore in the beginning, it dies down a lot.

I've seen Inuyasha up until like episode 60. It was going downhill and I eventually lost interest. It's a shame, the beginning was good.

Fullmetal Alchemist rocks my socks. The ending was horrible though.

Dragonball Z... I've seen almost every episode when I was smaller. Good stuff. Lost interest in GT though.

Gundam Wing is my favorite of the gundam series. G Gundam was good too.

There are some others that don't come to mind right away. My girlfriend is getting me to watch Peach Girl, I'm about halfway through. It's keeping me interested, even though it's not what I generally would watch.

Evangelion was a great series...until they ended it. The last two episodes were dissapointing, but the movies were totally abysmal. I understood them, they just sucked arse.

The moment Shinji pulled out Eva Unit One, the movie became shit. What should have happened was Shinji whooping the mass produced Eva's butts (possibly eating them), and then kicking Adam/Lilith's ass. But no, we have this BS ending about the world ending and starting over. I wanted to turn the movie off so many times, but I kept hoping it would get better...it didn't. Worst anime ending ever... Neon Genesis Evangelion.