A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Anime

This is real simple. This is a topic for those who watch anime. If you don't like anime, I don't give a shit, GTFO of this topic before I stab you. This topic is for discussion of what anime you your self have seen and what you like and/or are currently watching.

For myself? I give you THE LIST of all the anime I've seen in full or 90%+ of:

http://pc0.sepwich.com/anime.txt

Currently finishing up Last Exile's last two eps. What are your favorites? What are YOU watching? I'll edit in my favorites in a bit, once I decide on them.

Topic rule:

*Don't say you've seen a series unless you've seen most or all of it. Otherwise, please specify you've seen PART of it, but not all of it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... off the top of my head, for the most it will be at the very least where subbed/dubbed are up to unless mentioned

Airgear

Black Blood Brothers

Black Cat

Busou Renkin

Buzzer Beater

DB/Z/GT

Cowboy Bebop + Movie

Eyeshield 21

Hellsing

Histories Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Hunter X Hunter

Kekkaishi

Lovely Complex

Naruto

Reborn!

Yu Gi Oh

Yu Gi Oh GX

Zoids New Century

Zoids Fuzors

Hrmm... as for favourites, I would probably have to say Hunter X Hunter. It's my favourite manga and the anime does it pretty well. Some people don't like the Greed Island arc (Which was the last arc animated, as the next arc has not finished/on hiatus) but it's personally my favourite arc.

At the moment, I'm watching Kekkaishi, Eyesheild 21, Kenichi, Lovely Complex, Naruto and Kattekyo Hitman Reborn! whenever they come out.

I'm more into the manga though, generally more available and faster to download.

Im not the huge Anime freak i used to be. For some reason, it just doesnt float my boat anymore, simply because of the retarded Plot Twists the new Anime are starting to try to implement.

Full series ive seen *rated in order*

1)Record of Lodoss War (first full series i ever saw, all in one/two days i believe. Great stuff. I wish i could lay on a sofa that long and be as englufed as i was that day.)

2)Cowboy Bebop (i just love this show.)

2-1)Cowboy Bebop the Movie (Best 1.3hr anime you'll ever watch)

2-2)Trigun (love it just as much as Bebop.)

3) Metropolis (Great movie, only real Anime movie ive ever seen. I usually dont buy them, but this was my uncle's anyway.)

4)Full Metal Alchemist (seen ALMOST all of them, but it was ruined by the problems stated below)

5)Dragonball Z (havent seen EVERY episode, but when i was a freak i got almost every one in the series. Cant touch the other 3 though, its not even on the same level really.)

Series i like/glance at:

Inuyasha (i would watch all the episodes, but its just too many of them. Great show though.)

Lupin the Third (i wish i had all of them so it could go on that list above)

And thats about it.

I usually dont watch anime's now becasue:

A) i hate how long they drag out the storyline now days. Dragonball Z is the only one i could keep up with, but now that i have other things to do i dont stick to making sure i see each and every 250 episodes of Naruto. Its just too time consuming. A storyline is cool, but i wish they would just be like Lodoss War or Trigun or Bebop and simply wrap it up in like 40-50 episodes. Hell, i believe Bebop and Lodoss wrapped theirs up in like 21.

and

B) i HATE good storylines that end in RETARDED plot twists. (Full Metal Alchemist.) Its just really getting Cliche in most twists that they use.

I watch Bleach, Naruto Shippuden (i want to see if it fails as hard as the original) and Konjiki no Gash Bell!! (Zatch Bell! in english). I've seen Akira, Perfect Blue, Blood, Howl's Moving Castle, among others. I can't recall any specific anime i seriously wanted to stab though.

Pokemon, the old one with Ash, Brock and Misty. After they went into the new series, I lost interest.

DragonballZ, the Buu saga, I got tired of watching the first few episodes of GT.

Also, there was a gundam show I used to watch, it involved something called the Dark Gundam or whatever, I forgot the name though.

I haven't been watching too much anime recently. Mostly, the extent of my interest is whatever good they have on adult swim, but recently I haven't even been watching that. I download dubs every now and again, usually movies that you'd have to buy to see or stuff that's not coming out for years in the US.

That being said here's a list of series I've watched and enjoyed full-ways:

Cowboy Bebop

Evangelion

FLCL

Full Metal Alchemist

Ghost in the Shell

Lupin III

Paranoia Agent

s-CRY-ed

Samurai Champloo

Trigun

(from a long LONG time ago: )

DBZ

Gundum Wing

I've had a passing interest in Naruto, but usually that amounts to just reading the Manga, since I got interested in the era of ungodly-long filler.

Naruto

Naruto: Shippuden

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (Thought the Manga is better)

DBZ

YuYu Hakusho

Ranma ½

Pokémon (First seasons)

Samurai Champloo (Even if I couldn't make much sense out of most episodes)

Digimon

Digimon 02

Digimon Tamers

YuGiOh

Crayon Shin-chan

Saint Seiya: Hades

Shaman King

Samurai X

Ōban Star-Racers

Card Captor Sakura

I'm pretty sure there should me more.

It would take forever to remember all of the anime I have watched. My absolute favorites have been:

Love Hina (Manga is 10X better and longer, I just included this because there is an anime for it...)

School Rumble

Trigun

Fullmetal Alchemist

Also, the whole Dragonball/Z/GT series, but I wouldn't count that as an anime. More like Japanese superheroes.

So far I recall watching these series/movies

- Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel)

- Big O

- Cowboy Bebop

- Dragonball GT

- Fullmetal Alchemist

- Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa

- Gundam Wing

- Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz

- GunGrave

- Gun X Sword

- Outlaw Star

- Metropolis

- Samurai Champloo

- Shaman King

- Sonic X (Second season)

- Sprited Away

- Trigun

- Wolf's Rain

Out of all those shows, GunGrave and Trigun have to be my favourites, like the character designs (Got to love the work of Yashiro Nightow, designing most the awesome characters in both shows) in both shows and the plot as well as the music are pretty cool. Also enjoy the amount of comedy that they put into Trigun.

Currently watching Coyote Ragtime Show, seems fairly good on the action side of things and has a few nice jokes here and there.

I still cling on FLCL.

Trying to get into Samurai Champloo, Love Hina, Tenchi Muyo, Trigun, & Ghost In The Shell. DearS has been giving me lots of laughs though.

( yeah, I <3 Comedy/Drama's, above posters. lol )

Here's my list, which is a copy of one I keep updated. It's pretty much comprehensive of all the anime I've ever watched, ever.

Bold titles are recommended viewing.

Italic titles are recommended for AVOIDING (ie: it sucks)

Bold Italics are REQUIRED viewing. Get your ass onto boxtorrents and download them. Now.

Items marked with a * I have not seen all of yet (usually a work in progress) but I've committed myself to finishing.

Airmaster

Akira

All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku

Amazing Nurse Nanako

Appleseed

Bartender

Bubblegum Crisis

Busou Renkin (Arms Alchemy)

Candidate for Goddess

Chobits

Cowboy Bebop

D Gray Man*

DearS

Dominion: Tank Police

Elfin Lied

Ergo Proxy

Eureka 7

Fate/Stay Night

Flame of Recca

FLCL

Fruits Basket

Full Metal Panic!

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid

Fullmetal Alchemist

Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa

Ghost in the Shell

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

Great Teacher Onizuka

Grave of the Fireflies

Gunslinger Girl

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When the Cicadas Cry)

Kanon 2006

Kaze no tani no Naushika (Naussicaa of the Valley of the Wind)

Key the Metal Idol

Love Hina

Lucky Star*

Mahoraba Heartful Days

Mahoromatic

Mononoke Hime (Princess Mononoke)

Neon Genesis Evangelion

New Dominion Tank Police

Ninja Scroll

Noein

Nuku Nuku TV

Nuku Nuku DASH!

Paranoia Agent

Project A-ko

Robot Carnival

Rozen Maiden

Scrapped Princess

Serial Experiments Lain

Saishu Heiki Kanojo (She, the Ultimate Weapon)

Sonic the Hedgehog (OVA)

Sonic X

Speed Grapher

Spirited Away

Spiral

Steamboy

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

Tenchi Muyo!

Tenchi Muyo! GXP

Tenchi Universe

Tenchi in Tokyo

Tenchi Muyo! Daughter of Darkness

Tenchi Muyo! in Love

Tenchi Muyo in Love 2 - Distant Memories

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann*

Tokyo Mew Mew

Texhnolyze

Vampire Hunter D

Wicked City

=Smidge=

Let's see...

Love Hina (read and watched)

G Gundam

Candidate for Goddess

Last Exile

Serial Experiments Smidge Lain

Mai Hime

Mai Otome

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World

Evangelion

Bartender

FLCL

Suzumiya Haruhi No Yuutsu

.hack//SIGN

.hack//LIMINIALITY + GIFT

.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet

.hack//ROOTS

Speed Racer

Gundam Wing

Strawberry Marshmallow

Azumanga Daioh

Excel Saga

Fullmetal Alchemist

Full Metal Panic! + Fumoffu + Second Raid

Dai Mahou Touge

Busou Renkin

Pretty Cure

Pretty Cure Max Heart (in process)

Pretty Cure Splash Star (waiting for more fansubs)

Yes! Pretty Cure 5 (in process)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (in process)

Gunslinger Girl

Angelic Layer

Chobits

Ouran High School Host Club

2x2 = Shinobuden (Ninja Nonsense)

Lucky Star (in process)

Elfin Lied

Paradise Kiss

Hamtaro

Dragon Ball Z

A really really large chunk of Sailor Moon

Higurashi (Seriously how could I forget that one?)

and about 20 more that I'm too lazy to go back into my room and dig into my partitions to list. Aside from what Smidge has recommended I want to put extra emphasis on Bartender, Gunslinger Girl, Elfin Lied, and Strawberry Marshmallow.

Let's see...

Outlaw Star

Trigun

Dragon Ball Z

Rozen Maiden

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Eureka 7

FLCL

Rurouni Kenshin

Tsubasa (well, the manga, anyways. I yea, I know Anime=/Manga)

Fullmetal Alchemist

Paranoia Agent

Sailor Moon (yea, I can't really explain this one. I always had the TV on in the mornings when I was in Elementary School.)

Pokemon (up till the Orange Islands)

Gundam Wing

Tenchi Muyo

Tenchi Universe

.Hack//Dusk

Part of:

Bleach (mid-saving-Rukia-arc)

Naruto (they just completed the forest part of the exam thing, and then I realized I really dislike the series)

Sonic X (uh...I dunno where I stopped. Shit sucked)

Tenchi in Tokyo (ugh...shit sucked more)

Watching Lucky Star, in spite of PC0. The first episode failed, but the others are awesome.

Also, is SHUFFLE! any good? My old high school friend reccommended it after I gushed about Haruhi.

And yea, if you're in this topic and you haven't seen FLCL, gtfo and watch it. Stat.

I miss School Rumble..it got licensed so the subbers stopped subbing it.

also, I just find it amusing that Smidge watched Sonic X. Dunno why, but it made me chuckle.

If they stopped subbing it, then how do I have all of the 1st, 2nd, and OVA seasons subbed? Or are you just thinking of Wanabee fansubs?

EDIT: Holy shit, how could I forget about Saru Getchu? It's my avatar for funks sake.

I only endorse Love Hina, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Panic!, FMP? Fumoffu and FMP! The Second Raid anymore. I've seen other such required animes that my friends have shoved in my face like Vampire Hunter D and other ones but they've all been shit.

Make more Love Hina/FMP.

Robotech aside from Invid saga (don't care to see it either.)

Macross Plus

Macross 2

Gundam Wing (okay I guess. preferred the fights to the emos talking)

Gundam 0079 08th MS Team (loved it)

Gundam 0080 (didn't really like it much)

Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory

G Gundam (hated it)

Voltron (hated it)

Gun X Sword (hoping to finish watching it)

Inuyasha (stopped watching AND hated it.)

DB and DBZ (got terrible after Cell)

Metropolis (absolutely loved it)

Kikaider (hated it. avoid like the plague)

Cyborg 009 (good, but not exactly the best.)

Neon Genesis Evangelion (hated it even though I understood the whole thing.)

Last Exile (loved it, but they cut it on G4 before the last 3 or so episodes.)

Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventures (loved it for being rather wacky)

Betterman (very strange show. I like it, but at the same time find it really bizarre)

Crest of the Stars (liked it. it's okay, though a bit too talky and moves at a strange pace)

Banner of the Stars (really couldn't stand it. I lost interest after 10 episodes.)

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. (latest obsession. await each new translated episode for more lulz.)

To Andrew:

Have you read the Love Hina manga? It comes to a sure end there. Plus, they ran out of budget after episode 25 of the anime. They worked their asses off to make a few (Wierd looking) OVAs but even the OVA was cancelled due to a bad budget.There is an audio file of the final OVA floating around the net, though.

I'm normally not one to bitch about translating... But I would shoot myself in the face before I ever watched my beloved Love Hina in English again.

Everyone, if you haven't seen it, go kill 3 hours watching golden boy on youtube right now damnit.

Here, I'll even hook you up.

Ooops, nevermind, youtube deleted it :/

Here, I'll hook you up anyway.

http://www.datorrents.com/torrents-details.asp?id=12046

I don't care how much you hate Japan, you won't regret watching this.