A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the Secret Rings - Official Discussion

Slingerland

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...this game is awesome. It gets extremly frustrating some times, but overall it's fantastic. With a few adjustments, the game could have been the best Sonic ever. The next major Sonic game should be like this one. I'm going to write a full review when I'm done with the game. I give this game a 8/10.

Opening new stages can kinda be a pain though. I'm still unable to open any more stages in the factory zone, and the only boss I'v faced was the Sand Scorpion. I'v beaten all the open stages in the Dino zone, but still no boss. Will getting better ranks or the fire souls help?

Alas, I don't have a Wii, so my chances of ever playing this are slim. I want it badly. If they come up with a PC version, you can bet I'll pounce on it.

However, I have been reading/watching just about whatever I can get my hands on, and I have this to say:

Darkspine Sonic is teh sex. In fact, Sonic is teh sex in this game, period. I have fallen in love all over again. Ooooh yes. Fear the obsessive fangirl. X3

Darkspine Sonic looks like one of those lame characters fanfic writers create to resemble themselves. Right now, some guy in Illanois whose screenname is Darkspine, with pages apon pages of fan fiction, is saying "those mofos stole my idea!"

BTW, how long does it take to beat this game? I want to buy it, but not if it'll take me 2 days.

Darkspine Sonic looks like one of those lame characters fanfic writers create to resemble themselves. Right now, some guy in Illanois whose screenname is Darkspine, with pages apon pages of fan fiction, is saying "those mofos stole my idea!"

At least they broke the stupid Super Sonic in every game mold. Its refreshing to have a final boss fight where your enemy is the enemy instead of your rings.

As of today I'm 38 hours in and have 54 gold medals.

Sonic is level 64 and I have some really sweet skills now:

Hyper Speed Up - if you thought Super Speed Up was fast... dayumn!

Homing Attack Bonus - gives bonus experience points for homing attack chains. Great way to gain a few thousand experience points for virtually nothing.

Final level of Homing attack stabiliation - I can immediately homing attack again after hitting an enemy with homing attack. There is absolute zero delay.

Ring Chain Bonus - Gives extra experience points for getting chains of rings in succession. The only way to see the ring chain gauge on a mission that isn't "get a XX-ring chain!"

There are a lot of others... but man, let me tell you the strategy involved with picking this stuff is enormous!

Today, I made a very specialized skill ring strictly for doing this one mission on Evil Foundry (the stealth mission) because I was playing at blindingly fast speeds (half the time, even I couldn't tell what was going on and my brother was just going... wtf?) and somehow only got a freakin' bronze medal...

So I made this ring specialized to lack homing attack, increase soul gauge on being hit, quick high slide so that while charging my jump I continue moving forward, the fastest version of quick jump, and most importantly with that combo of things, Aegis slider which makes you invulnerable while sliding. This way, I didn't have to worry as much about accidentally killing enemies and if they hit me, it enabled me to use time break to get out of the situation without doing too much damage. I ended up clearing the level (which is a fairly large chunk) in under 17 seconds.

That got me the gold :P

I mean jeez... you've never seen anything like it!

One time, the word "Congrats" were broken into two pieces automatically into "Con" and "Grats". I don't know why neither, I just loled.

I had to bold them to make it one word.

This game is sounding better every time I hear about it. I needz it!

Same. It sounds like it's meeting with everybody's expectations.