A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the Secret Rings - Official Discussion

Slingerland

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is the exact opposite of most Sonic games out right now...

Normally, your typical 3D Sonic will peak out right at the beginning. In this case, I was actually worried because there didn't seem to be much going on in the beginning...

Around 5 levels in... I'm doing missions at pirate storm right now, and let me tell you...

Once you get to Evil Foundry, the difficulty picks up like mad and the game really becomes awesome. The combined result of Sonic's previous attempts at snowboarding really have nothing at all to even hold a candle to what you get to see him do in Pirate Storm.

I'm going to have to immediately jump the ass of reviewers who hated on the missions. Certainly, some are cheesy and annoying... but really, many of the missions are the meat of the game. As a matter of fact, many of the missions are more involved and awesome than the basic run to the goal thing... and when they say multiple paths for different missions, damn. They weren't kidding. Levitating Ruin's second mission is so completely different from the first that its amazing.

The Wii Remote use is rather hit and miss... There are lots of things that are completely awesome about it. Mostly I'm referring to gimmicks. Grinding is more fun than it has been in a long time (thanks to a little something something with the Wii remote) and everything is generally more interactive.

Overall, there is no other game quite like it. This one is very memorable.

Expect positive things from my segment of the 3 part review.

K well, 10 hours and I beat the game. (Thank God it's vacation) Was a total blast, even though there were some frustrating moments...

I don't feel like giving it a comprehensive runthrough right now, but it's a very solid game, much better than Sonic 2006. Story's simple and pretty enjoyable and is pretty funny at times, actually, but is offset by poor dialogue. Didn't get a chance to hear the English voices as I switched to Japanese immediately ;p The ending is predictable but still carried out excellently.

BTW, this game has probably the best looking Sonic CG scenes ever (there are...2 :<). The ending one, especially, is so freaking vibrant and convincing. If they ever chose to make a Sonic CG movie, Secret Rings wouldn't be a bad choice...

Well uhh. Here's a bunch of incredibly vague spoilers that really spoil nothing but instead inform you about what's missing:

No Super Sonic. Oh dear!

If you believed the Super Shahra rumor that some people had going on, yeah, don't.

Jason Griffith is not listed in the credits. This is weird.

Music that is on par with Sonic 2006 is missing here. Shame that the funner game gets the shaft on music. I did like Levitated Ruin's music, though...

No hawt beastiality secks. Thank God.

Okay, well, I will soon go to polish my skills and unlock everything in the Special Book. There's an incentive, at least...

Well guys, I've made it to the final chapter.

The final boss is Alf. I'm not joking. Well, I am... but its true.

1a_04.gif

As for the rest...

This is a massive spoiler... Only open the next part if you really want to spoil your self.

Are you sure? its about super Sonic...

Ok... I warned you three times. Thats all I should have to do.

Sure, theres no Super Sonic... but you do use the 7 rings to power up and become some crazy black Sonic with blue bands and rings on above his shoes/glove cuffs. He has cooler super powers than Super Sonic ever thought about having AND he kicks some serious ass. Oddly though, he isn't some speed charged super freak... he becomes a lot more powerful physically than anything else.

Alf pwns me by the way.

No, the last page (Chapter 15) has some conditions you can check, like for example number 1:

Lost Prologue #16: Wait by the sparkles (referring to the platinum ring)

For some reason I can't figure out for the damn life of me what "magic pillar" the second box refers to...

Its pretty easy to get owned by this game. I'd say my death count is similar to the average death count someone gets when playing Crisis City's Mach Speed section. Still, despite frusturations I'm still having a pretty good time with this game.

Wait till you start trying to get gold medals on the Perfect Challenges.

Hey, guys...I just broke my hand on the wall, because this game is too fucking frustrating. Yaaaaaaay campus health center!

Seriously though...I really hurt my hand. Bad.

CrazyMrBrad: so I punched a wall after I got killed

CrazyMrBrad: because I almost beat the final boss

Rael0505: XDD

CrazyMrBrad: I've been killed sooooo many times

Rael0505: fracture or no?

CrazyMrBrad: small knuckle fracture

CrazyMrBrad: it should be fine by the next week

Rael0505: damn

Rael0505: yeah i punch walls too man

Rael0505: it's hardcore

Rael0505: it's like

Rael0505: you're talkin to a friend about it

Rael0505: "yeah dude i got so pissed the other day that i punched a wall"

Rael0505: then your friend's all

Rael0505: "whooaaaa"

Rael0505: and your'e like "yeah"

Rael0505: know what i mean

CrazyMrBrad: whooooa yeah

Rael0505: hardcore man

Rael0505: hardcore

CrazyMrBrad: ya dude

Not really on topic, but this is just hilarious.

OK, guys, I finally completed the story and got a gold medal on the final chapter. What a beautiful looking final chapter it was.

I'll be working on my review this weekend along with DW and Ila. On a side note:

CrazyMrBrad: dude, every time I said "shit" when I played this game...

CrazyMrBrad: I said "shi-ite"

CrazyMrBrad: lololololol

Hero Shadow: How do you pronounce shi-ite?

CrazyMrBrad: she-ite

Hero Shadow: She Ite as in Sheit muslims?

CrazyMrBrad: like the Islamic sect

CrazyMrBrad: yes

Hero Shadow: XD

Hero Shadow: XD

Hero Shadow: XDXD

Hero Shadow: XDXD

Hero Shadow: XXXXXDDD

Hero Shadow: Xd

Hero Shadow: I'm done.