A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@Alex:

The melody of that song is nice and kinda catchy,but feels like the delivery doesn't have enough "impact" on it,some of the instruements feel underwhelming or something,I'm not techy when it comes to musical terms.

I'm really digging the work Hobbers is doing sheeting that Cyber Sonic,looks pretty good so far,and makes me kinda embarassed that he's getting shit done and I never sheet my stuff really,lol.

And the level design is interesting too,that monitor placing reminds me of GG/SMS games,and that hidden path in the loop is nifty.

Alex, I have an account here. You don't need to be my mouthpiece >:U

That aside, thanks, Shinbs. Like I said, it's a touched-up version of something I considered scrapping... To be frankly honest, it's not my best melody, really. I'm not too good at arranging, and this computer I made it on didn't help either; This one doesn't have too good audio output quality, for some reason. That aside, velocity and EQ and automation and THAT GUITAR and the overall mixing could had been better; I'm considering touching it up in the prospect of an actual released demo.

@CoN: The melody you have going on there is good enough but your choice of instruments is what I think is bringing it down. The bass has more punch than the lead melody which seems far too soft a sound for the main sound of the song. Good start though.

Hey guys. Remember that big cargo ship in the background last time?

It just went through puberty

d43q.png

Heres a better look at the new model

g04q.png

The boat is actually made of 2 separate parts, the deck and the tower. This gives me more flexibility with the boat's textures. The green boxes are going to be textured to give the illusion that they're a stack of containers. This is going to help emmensly in keeping the poly count down and moving things around in the editor. I'll be making a LOT of variations of this in both shape and texture to really make the most out of them. If I model them right, not only will I be able to use them on the ship, but I can also use them as other background pieces for stuff in the distance.

Thoughts?

@P3DR0: Wow.. that stuff is seriously amazing! Thank you so much for sharing these! I haven't dabbled with any of them yet since I'm just focusing on models right now, but when I get back to making textures I'm going to use this to it's full potential. Thanks again!

Yep. Awesome stuff going on there.

InfinityAlex, that music is really cool, loving it so far.

And that Eggman sprite... I'm looking forward too see what comes from there. Seems very interesting.

I'll leave here some stuff too.

sl6t.png

0dsl.png

abbv.png

I call it... Pokemon Stadium Fantasy Advance... well, not actually.

But this clearly takes elements from other games.

Attacks have cooldowns (that red bar). Depending on the attack power and your agility, cooldown time will vary.

You are also able to deffend yourself without needing to use a skill.

And to make battles more dynamic, I'm making it Pokemon Stadium style.

Having the cursor on 'Moves', if you press the A button, the move window will appear, and as soon as you press the corresponding direction and release A, you will execute the move.

BTW, for those who are wondering why I'm here posting pokemon stuff... well.

Its easiest to get attention on relatively small communities.

On the biggest ones, it is something impossible if you dont have anything strong enough to show. So yeah.

I like the cooldown idea, but the location of the bar is terrible.

Also for the dynamic combat you are going for the whole "per turn" menu is unnecessary awful, you can't defend while selecting an attack, you can't see what move your opponent use and the whole package.

It's a neat idea, but the menus need to be extra dynamic for it to work as you intend (or as I've understood how it will work). But neat stuff none the less, looking foward.

The idea is, after attacking, you dont go back to the first menu, you go to the 'FIGHT' one. So you can A+direction instantly again.

But if you release A without any direction, you dont attack, so you can still deffend. And if you want to run, you can press B and go back to the first menu.