A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

Huh, I've always thought that the city's name was called Monsteropolis, which is what the game manuals called it.

Well it kinda depends, its been called both. MegaCity is a name used exclusively for both of the comic worlds. But (pre-events of megaman 3) It was renamed Megacity after Megaman(going by archie Comics).

I have a problem.

I tried to increase the screen size without expanding the resolution.

The screen size is 360x270, it looks pretty nice.

So here's my problem, when I did that, the fade in and out still looked 320x240, after looking for a bit I saw that I had to expand a black active that does the fade in, the only problem is that I can't find the active that does the fade out, ending up in this

VV57Nw2.png

The fade in works perfectly fine.

(I'm using an edited version of levels collab by PotatoBadger, I've tried looking for that fade out active in other versions too but couldn't find it).

Rayman 1 (the one I referenced) is 2D and a similar style to the Kirby artwork.

And there's 2D Crash Bandicoot GBA games, if you were stuck : )

Plus there is Rayman 3 for the GameBoy Advance, Rayman Raving Rabbids for the GBA and DS and also Rayman Origins (love it!) and Rayman Legends (REALLY love it). And who can forget Ristar and Vectorman!

Lawl!xD

then,don't use PSVita! xD

------------------------------------

and yay!!! Megaman! yay!yay!yay! *GASP*

idk which level will everyone choose. cause i don't know alot about "retro" Megaman :v

I decided to do Bubble Man's stage for act 1 and Chill Penguin's stage for act 2.

Sketching out a basic idea of what I want the world map to look like. This will massively change at any time during development but its definitely helped me piece together elements of the game.

Stars are secret areas and circled stars are new abilities. There are about twice as many abilities as displayed here but yeah.

The order of worlds right now is Dark Green, Light Brown, Purple, Orange, Light Green, Blue, Dark Brown, and Red. Worlds Dark Green, Light Brown, Purple, and Blue are above ground and are a part of the Estate w/Dark Green being outside. Everything else is underground and not a part of the Estate.

projest_estate___world_map_sketch_by_sonicbommer-d6qs7sl.png

Thoughts?

All I see is a colorful tree...

I need to lay off the weed .w.

I didn't see that until you said that. Maybe it's not weed but imagination.

Joking. Anyways that looks really good from a concept point-of-view. Maybe make another one? Also my engine has jump dash and new handles. Now for.. um. I forgot.

Was gonna upload to youtube but 60 minutes. eh.

I'll Edit with pictures

Very cool DaHog. I would recommend you check out some already made Photoshop styles to see other ways you can alter your blending options to make cool effects. Here are a couple of sites that offer layer styles for Photoshop:

http://www.brusheezy.com/styles

http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/freebies/best-free-photoshop-layer-styles/

Some styles will be in in regular PSD files which you can open in photoshop and see how they are put together. Know that by right clicking a layer you can copy and paste layer styles.

Other styles will be in .ASL files most .ASL files will contain more than one style. They need to be loaded into Photoshop's Style Panel (every panel in photoshop can be accessed under the window menu). Once you've got the Style Panel open you can load styles from the little menu with the down arrow and lines next to it. Photoshop even has a lot of built in styles that you can play with from that menu.

Those are pretty decent, DaHog. Altought I'm not a big fan of the bevel & emboss look. It looks out-dated, like back when digital art design was trying hard to replicate 3D looks to 2D interfaces around 2005~2006.

If you're trying to replicate the Generations/Lost World titlecard feel you'd be better off with flat colors or gradients and just a slight "drop shadow" effect.