A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@Kessler: It looks better but I think more needs to change. Because its monochrome I think you need to make the difference between the white text and the kinda white background more evident. Try out a black outline on the text. You're goin in the right direction with this, it just needs more push.

I've received a few comments regarding the gate sprites so I've been working on them to give them more depth.

UPDATE:

-Changed pallet of gate pillar and altered shading on sphere and gate

-added 2 new brick wall tiles

-added single door and double door w/animations

-added brick double door framing

-added 2 new alternate grass platforms

-added specular highlights to tree/shrub

xtnv.png

Thoughts?

Guest Mr Lange
Honestly, I don't see the difference.

The black zigzag pattern has been slightly colorized and aligned with the character select frame. Translucent horizontal bars now cover the background.

@GamerZ1: ahaha thanks a lot! I'm honestly not sure how I'm making good pixel art since I'm a massive noob to it. I've really only been doing it for the past 3 weeks. And believe it or not I do make these in MS Paint xD

UPDATE:

-Altered the yellow brick pattern to repeat less noticably (did this for all brick tiles except for double door frame)

-Added a yellow brick exterior window

-Got rid of the yellow brick red carpet platform

-Altered the shading on top of lamp posts to match direction of light source in the rest of the sheet

-Altered bush 1 a little bit

-Got rid of the first grass platform. These two new ones will replace it

-Made both bush 2 sprites match

-Got rid of the banding on the gate sprite and implemented new shading

-Changed curvature of the gate door

-Added 2 new cobblestone platform tiles. Both have 2 variations. 1 is a flat stone face, 2 is a cobbled look similar to the ground tiles. These may be subject to massive change at any time.

-Changed some of the color variation in ground bricks in the cobblestone platforms

szsb.png

Gotten comments about banding on the gate. Super not sure what to do about it since any shading except banding seems to fuck up the curvature and make it look wonky. Thoughts?

@Highwire -- The gate always looked fine to me, i dont think you really need to bother with it anymore. The cobblestone doesn't look awkward anymore either. Everything's lookin' nice dood

slimeeeee.gif

Working on an enemy i can test AI and combat on, i figure a typical slime should be good.

@LiBiYKWIM: Yea it does. If I had the flash exporter I would have shown it in flash.

@Highwire4: Like what your doing here and I would love to see it when its all put together.

@Serephim: It looks to cute to beat up D:

@Overbound: There's something about those flowers I like... :3

@DaHog: Dude menus don't take that long to make how about I just make it for you.

Thanks a lot guys you're the best <3

@Libi: There will at some point but I just don't know what to do with doors right now. Their orientation is super important to the gameplay and I'm still figuring that out.

@Serephim: omgod its so squishy <3

@overbound: Woah thats looking crazy cool. I'm not sure if the color of the flower really fits with the rest of the pallet though. Maybe moving their pallet more towards the blue spectrum a teensy bit? Or maybe a bit more orange to compliment that orange container thing?

Also I'm messing around with pallets. Not sure what to go with, thoughts? Backgrounds are mockup temporaries btw:

Golden brick pallet

8nu1.png

Gray brick pallet

odcl.png

A lot of good stuff in here guys. I've really digging what you've been showing off Overbound, Time Twisted looks as cool as ever. That slime looks great too Sereph! Also Highwire I like the direction of the graphics you got going on there.