A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

@Sparks: yeah it is a bit iOS esk. I've tried to do hand drawn tile sets in the past and its just a real pain when it comes to making each tile match perfectly with the rest in terms of color, shading, ect. I probably just didn't figure out how to do it right so I'm curious how you're going about it.

Perhaps if you shrink the size of that outline, its quite huge and makes it look pretty cartoony. Looks snazzy though. Very clean

I've been rather busy

UPDATE:

-Slightly lowered contrast of darkest shade of lamp post green. Was too dark and stood out too much.

-Changed shading on gate door again.

-Added 2 variations of a generator and switch. Not sure which one to go for. I have both on and off and neutral sprites shown.

-Added a glowing lightning bolt with 2 animation frames that would be placed on generator 1 when powered on.

qlbm.png

Generator switch could change a lot as the game's development goes on. Main concern with it is that its not too busy and stands out a little from the rest of the world. Its a game play mechanic so it needs to look like you can interact with it. Thoughts?

That is a nice screenshot that you've posted on the "post your screenshots thread", huh?

I mean, I don't want to be an asshole here and I know that this thread does hold up much more than just screenshots, and I'm perfectly fine with it but that's just way too far from the subject here.

You know, when people post videos, screenshots, concept arts, mock-ups or even music in here those contents are generaly made for a fangame, indie game or a hack.

You are more than welcome to post your remixes in the Art Forum.

That is a nice screenshot that you've posted on the "post your screenshots thread", huh?

I mean, I don't want to be an asshole here and I know that this thread does hold up much more than just screenshots, and I'm perfectly fine with it but that's just way too far from the subject here.

You know, when people post videos, screenshots, concept arts, mock-ups or even music in here those contents are generaly made for a fangame, indie game or a hack.

You are more than welcome to post your remixes in the Art Forum.

Did you see the video? it's not the song, it's the music hack, lol. (Sort of)

You kinda missed the point, i'm putting S3&K PC music such as Carnival Night, Ice Cap and Launch Base into the genesis, as what would they sound/feel/fit if they were produced by the Genesis.

good remix... i guess....

but, cool! XD

well, this isn't a "screenshot", but...

Imp5JYf.png

yeah, only mockup here... and that background was just a placeholder *sigh*

------------

one more thing..

ZTaGcSM.gif

see that? XD

i remade/recolor the mobile version of Sonic Unleashed for my "MoonFall" project. but still, thinking of ring based power and sorta ripping Unleashed mobile, kinda hard! :v

---------------

P.S: yeah, this isn't screenshot, but ima embarased to put it to new topic on Art section :v

@GamerZ1

What you have there is indeed called a mockup, or a proof-of-concept. As you know, it's not actually from a game, but a picture to show what it will look like when it is in a game. It is OK to put mockups here, I do it and I get good feedback.

It looks pretty good, but you should add some shading to the tiles to make them look 3D ish, like palmtree panic. As of now they look OK but they are bland.

I also like what you did with the sonic sprite.

So if this is a hack you can give me a link to download or at least your planning for a release? If it's just a video you slapped some music on your in the wrong thread and calling it sort of a hack is ridiculous. There's a video thread in the General Forum. -_-

Alright, this is sort of my fault for not explaining well what this is.

This is, like I said before a MUSIC hack, not a romhack.

So I'm sure you know about Sonic and Knuckles Collection for the PC and how all of it's music is on Midi format and CNZ, ICZ, and LBZ have new music instead of Midi genesis tracks like all the other levels because of issues with Michael Jackson.

So what I'm doing here is using a hack that allows mp3 music to be played in game, and the game treats the mp3 as if it was a Midi and replacing all Midi music with mp3s of the original genesis tracks and remixing all the new tracks to sound like they came from a genesis.

So if they really changed the music from those levels because of Jackson, and they could have replicated the Sega Genesis sound chip. The original CNZ, ICZ and LBZ would have been replaced with genesis versions of the new songs.

I'm not good at explaining things sometimes, so I apologize for any misunderstandings.

I do obviously plan on releasing this eventually, and I could technically provide a download link for S3&K PC with the custom music hack but it's not complete, so be patient.

Alright, this is sort of my fault for not explaining well what this is.

This is, like I said before a MUSIC hack, not a romhack.

Alright I guess I'll buy that.

@GamerZ1 I think Potatobadger is right. Your level needs some lighter and darker patches to give it that 3D look. And the background colors don't really match the foreground colors. I did a quick edit in photoshop to help give you some ideas.

GamerZ1.png

So, in my game there is going to be a Wind Shield. When I find the time to make a gif out of what it looks like. Here's the sprites: (It's just the flame shield worlds comes with flipped to it's side and recolored grey with less colors: )

Dfo7Qpw.png

believe me it looks good animated.

You will also notice the icon I made for it. The color for the screen background got all distorted somehow, so I just stuck the water screen background there as a placeholder. What I'm saying is, is that I can't find a color for the screen background that fits with the logo. When it flashes you can't really see the logo too well, unlike the other monitors. As you may know, I'm colorblind, and I'm having trouble finding a color that doesn't clash with the logo, but also doesn't blend in too well.

In other words, I suck, so can someone fix that monitor for me?

Edit: Oh hey I just noticed your post, SuperBliz! What do I have to say about it? Exactly what Jass said.

@Mr. Potato: Woah that sheild is pretty snazzy. Can't wait to see that animated. I assume the two rows there alternate or play at the same time or something?

UPDATE:

-Changed the saturation of the generator pallet

-Changed shading on brick pattern to make it softer for use as a background while keep hard edges on walls.

-Added an alternative to the generator--a key pad with various light up animation keys. These lights will flash.

-Added a black outlined variation on the keypad to make it stand out against softer background objects.

-Added a variation of the keypad that has different symbols. This is for colorblind support.

-Added a power cord of sorts that connects a switch to what ever it powers. I've got more variants of these in another sheet.

-Removed the doorframe. It was ugly.

p7r5.png

I'm thinkin having gameplay elements and collisions outlined in a black outline. Thoughts on the new update?

*Whistle* That is cool!

Man, i'm impressed, that's really pro.

----------------------------

Anyway, do you guys remember Sonic In DuckTales?

Erm...this.

SonicInDuckTales.PNG

Well, I decided to delay the game and will not be in SAGE...

However, that is due it having a huge upgrade, So gentlementlemen, I present...

SonicInEverything.PNG

Sonic In Everything!

Only Sonic is be playable and there will be many levels from different games such as Kirby, Megaman, Yoshi's Island and plenty more. (And DuckTales too because that's what started this)

Think of this as a Sonic Generations but with many games, for example, Green Greens will be remade to represent Kirby games, Bubble Man's stage's for Megaman and so on.

It's supposed to make you feel how Sonic would play in different games, that means his moveset remains the same and no abilities are gained or lost, it's just Sonic awkwardly playing in other games, some hazards deadly to other character may not be as dangerous to Sonic or the other way around.

Yes, there will be a Hub World.